Saturday 22 October 2011

Life After Mastermind - The Book of The Blog ( this week's plug )

As Shakespeare has Macbeth say , “I am in blood stepped in so far that should I wade no more, Returning were as tedious as go o’er.” Or to put it another way , I have blotted my copy book with plugs for my own books enough in the past that it would earn me no credit if I scrupled to plug the latest.

So I’m going to plug it.

Encouraged by the positive comments from people who like the blog ( yes, you only have yourselves to blame for this one ) I’ve written :-

“Life After Mastermind – The Book of the Blog “.

It’s all about my quiz experiences, particularly the telly and radio shows I’ve taken part in, along with observations about quiz culture, quiz life in general, and my feelings on some of the issues in quizzing today. In fact, pretty much the stuff which I’d normally write about in the blog. It also gives something of the inside story of the blog itself as well.

All in all its just slightly less than 100,000 words in total. I hope that people who’ve enjoyed the blog will enjoy reading it as well. As with the quiz books, its available as an ebook. You can buy it on Amazon for the Kindle. If you don’t have a kindle , then don’t worry, you can get an app for your PC or laptop which you can download for free from Amazon – it only takes a couple of minutes. Alternatively, you can buy it from my webstore – the link is in my recommended links. What happens if you buy from the webstore is that I will immediately send you a copy via email, but then you also get your permanent copy on CD ROM through the post as well.

As regards the two quiz books, well, lets just say that they won't be making the bestsellers lists any time soon. Still, its nice to see my old warhorse "Be A Quiz Winner" still jogging along - I haven't mentioned that one in the blog , but its in the links.

No comments: