In the news – 11th Feb
Who or what are the following and why have they been in the news ?
1. Diamante Beach Hotel – Calpe
2. Joey Barton
3. MP4 27
4. Guerilla of Time
5. Leigh Halfpenny
7. Hannah Clayton
8. Lord Bannside
9. New York Giants
11. Alberto Contador
12. Bradley Davies
13. Stephen Ferris
14. Florence Green
15. Mohammed Nasheed
17. Edie Richie and Evie Middleton
18. Rick Santorum
19. Matt Topham and Casey Charrington
20. Bridge End Inn, Ruabon
21. Baltasar Garzón
22. Jean Paul Guerlain
23. Mary Ann Ochota
In Other News
1. Which two countries vetoed the UN rebuke to Syria ?
2. Which country have reused aid from the UK ?
3. Which sculptor created the London 2012 Orbit Tower – unveiled last week ?
4. In the 6 nations which was the only country to win at home last weekend ?
5. Who was voted the favourite Dickens character of all time ?
6. Which South American president pledged his readiness to go to war with the UK over the Falklands ?
7. Which team knocked Rangers out of the Scottish Cup ?
8. Where will England play against Italy in the 6 Nations this weekend ?
9. Which make of car was revealed to be both the most reliable new and the most reliable used car?
10. What is the first name of Amanda Holden’s baby ?
11. Which is the first town in Wales to become an official ‘bilingual town’ ?
12. Who won the Republican Primary in Nevada ?
13. What was named the most read children’s book last week ?
14. Who was the headline act in the halftime show at the Superbowl ?
15. Whom did Karl Lagerfeld call fat last week ?
16. Who is the ‘Oldie of the Year ‘ ?
17. Who retired from international rugby following last week’s Calcutta Cup match ?
18. After whom has Argentina named its current domestic football season ?
19. What is the name of Millie Dowler’s killer who has been refused permission to appeal against his sentence ?
20. Kimi Raikonen is returning to formula One with which team ?
21. Who received a £40,000 pay out over phone hacking last week ?
22. Who won the joke of the year ?
23. Who was acquitted of tax evasion ?
24. Which tennis prodigy of years gone by claimed that her parents cheated her out of her fortune ?
25. Which two teams won the semi finals of the African Cup of Nations ?
26. How long did last week’s eruption of Mt. Etna last ?
27. Which artist was fined for drunk driving in possession of amphetamines ?
28. Who denied that she had let Piers Morgan listen to her voicemail ?
29. Who is the England football team’s caretaker manager ?
30. Which Grand National winning trainer passed away last week ?
31. Which actress will play Princess Diana in the new movie “Caught in Flight “ ?
32. Which British actor has quit his hit US show after 8 years ?
33. Which supermarket chain has been criticised for stocking Monsanto GM foods ?
34. Who admitted eating wolf stew while making his latest movie ?
Who or what are the following and why are they in the news ?
1. Hotel where there was an outbreak of legionnaire’s disease
2. Being investigated over his tweets about John Terry
3. Brand new McLaren car
4. The autobiography of Fidel Castro
5. Kicked the winning penalty in the fantastic Ireland v. Wales match in the 6 Nations last week
6. Syrian city being bombarded by Assad’s government forces
7. British designer who has redesigned redcoat uniforms for Butlins
8. Rev. Ian Paisley , in hospital after heart attack
9. Winners of the Superbowl
10. Rapper artist who made an obscene gesture in the Superbowl half time show
11. Cyclist stripped of his win in the 2010 Tour De France due to drug offences
12. Welsh rugby player cited for tip tackle in last week’s Wales v. Ireland match
13. Irish rugby player cited for tip tackle during last week’s Ireland v. Wales match
14. Last UK veteran of World War 1 who passed away
15. Ousted president of Maldives
16. Real name of ‘Anfield Cat’ who invaded the pitch during Liverpool’s match against Spurs
17. The world’s oldest twins
18. Republican candidate who beat Mitt Romney in primaries in Minnesota, Missouri and Colorado
19. They won a £45 million lottery jackpot
20. Won the title Pub of the Year
21. Spanish Human rights judge disbarred for abuse of power
22. French parfumier accused of racism
23. Co presenter of Time Team at the centre of the row which saw Professor Mick Aston quit the show.
In Other News
1. Russia and China
3. Anish Kapoor
5. Ebeneezer Scrooge
6. Hugo Chavez
7. Dundee United
8. Olympic Stadium Rome ( Not the Stadio Flaminio )
12. Mitt Romney
13. The Very Hungry Caterpillar
16. Ken Clarke
17. Dan Parks
18. General Belgrano
19. Levi Bellfield
21. Steve Coogan
22. Tim Vine
23. Harry Redknapp
24. Arantxa Sanchez – Vicario
25. Ivory Coast and Zambia
26. 5 hours
27. Jack Vettriano
28. Heather Mills
29. Stuart Pearce
30. Josh Gifford
31. Naomi Watts
32. Hugh Laurie
34. Liam Neeson