In the news – 18th Feb
Who or what are the following, and why have they been in the news ?
1) Dan Evans
2) Jean Dujardin
4) Kisses on the Bottom
5) Ian Ayre
6) Dave Pearson
7) Andrea Masi
8) Les Ebdon
10) Ali Dizaei
11) Derek Chisora
13) Craig Whyte
15) Reverend John Suddards
16) Caroline Spelman
17) Nigel Keer
18) Lee Clark
19) Aaron Large
In Other News
1) How old was Whitney Houston when she passed away ?
2) Whose newly finished lost symphony was premiered on Radio 3 ?
3) Which film won the BAFTA for Best Film ?
4) Who won the BAFTA for Best Actress ?
5) – and what did she lose on her way to the podium ?
6) What specifically were criticised by the National Trust last week ?
7) Which country won the African Cup of Nations ?
8) How many Grammys did Adele win ?
9) Which county council made headlines for replacing metal road signs with plastic ones in order to foil scrap metal thieves ?
10) According to figures released last week, how many drivers aged 100 or over are still driving in the UK ?
11) Who sang “I will Always Love You” as a tribute to Whitney Houston in the Grammys ?
12) Which company angered Venetians by revealing plans to build a megastore along the Gran Canale in Venice ?
13) Which monarch entered hospital for bypass surgery last week ?
14) A Belgian court refused to ban which book last week ?
15) Who returned to Man city last week ?
16) Which club threatened to go into Administration over a tax bill ?
17) Who scored 137 for England in the first ODI v. Pakistan ?
18) Cardiff Blues returned to play a game in which venue last week ?
19) British Olympic competitors had to sign an agreement preventing them from doing which 2 things ?
20) What did Barbara Hulaniki criticize last week ?
21) Where was it announced will become a caravan park during the Olympics ?
22) A manuscript by which composer was found in a council building ?
23) Where was it announced that Whitney Houston’s funeral would be held ?
24) Last week saw the 70th anniversary of the fall of which British garrison to the Japanese ?
25) Which country have GB been drawn against in the Fed Cup ?
26) How did actress Caroline Quentin describe the X-Factor last week ?
27) An advert for which series on Channel 4 was criticized last week ?
28) Prince Charles revealed last week that he is a supporter of which football team ?
29) Which team destroyed Arsenal 4 – 0 in the Champions League ?
30) Last week Alastair Cook became the first England captain to achieve which feat ?
31) Which University are facing a fine for over recruiting students ?
32) Whose trial date last week was set for March 2nd ?
33) Which welsh town was revealed last week as the most misspelled place in Britain ?
34) Which artist revealed his plans to build 500 eco homes ?
35) The new £5 coin commemorates the 100th anniversary of what ?
36) In which country was the world’s worst ever prison fire ?
37) Who signed a deal with Harper – Collins to write her story for a reported £2.5 million ?
Who or what are the following and why have they been in the news ?
1) Tennis player whose win in the final rubber against a player ranked 100 places above him brought an Andy Murray-less GB team a win over Slovakia in the Davis Cup
2) Star of The Artist, and winner of the BAFTA for Best Actor
3) Make of dog food. They made the first ever advert specifically for dogs rather than their owners. It was broadcast during Emmerdale last week, a pastiche of the Italian Job.
4) New album by Sir Paul McCartney
5) Liverpool Chief executive who issued immediate apology for Suarez’ refusal to shake the hand of Patrice Evra at the start of Liverpool v. Man Utd.
6) Referee blamed for calling off the France v. Ireland 6 Nations match in Paris.
7) Italian full back whose kick was charged down by Charlie Hodgson to give England a win in Rome
8) Nominated as government Universities Czar by Vince Cable, despite opposition from Cameron
9) Credit rating agency who warned the UK that they risk having credit rating downgraded from triple A.
10) Met Police senior officer jailed again.
11) British Heavyweight boxer who slapped Vitaly Klitschko at the weigh in
12) Dog – star of The Artist who won the inaugural Golden Collar Award – the Oscar for dogs
13) Owner of Glasgow Rangers
14) Horse given top weight of 11st 10lbs for the Grand National
15) Church of England clergyman murdered in his own home
16) Cabinet Minister who took out an injunction to prevent the papers printing a story
17) Naked rambler who kept a score of the number of times he got away with taking a walk in the nude
18) Sacked manager of Huddersfield Town
19) Street cleaner who handed in watches he found which were worth thousands of pounds to the police.
In Other News
3) The Artist
4) Meryl Streep
5) A shoe
11) Jennifer Hudson
13) Emperor Akihito of Japan
14) Tintin in the Congo
15) Carlos Tevez
17) Alastair Cook
18) Cardiff Arms Park
19) Criticise teammates or sell kit
20) The use of thin models
21) Windsor Great Park
23) Newark, New Jersey
26) Psychologically Damaging
27) My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding
29) AC Milan
30) Score centuries in two successive One Day Internationals
31) London Metropolitan University
32) Chris Huhne and Vicki Pryce
33) Betws – y – Coed
34) Damien Hirst
35) The sinking of the Titanic
37) Amanda Knox