Who or what are the following, and why have they been in the news ?
1) Charlie Hebdo
2) Reg Dean
3) Martyn Thomas
4) Mario Draghi
5) Kent’s Cavern
7) Mary and Chris Gorman
9) Steve Williams
10) Jamie Pyatt
11) David Amess
12) Ruth Davidson
13) James Gordon
14) Victor Bout
16) Abdul Rahim Al Keeb
17) Graeme Knowles
18) John Egging
19) Ulrik Lawson
20) Carol Caplin
21) Diane Taylor
23) Andrew Tyrie
24) Yasuhiro Sanoda
25) Jonathan Cocks
26) Chameil Bhatia
27) Jan Tomaszewski
28) Herman Cain
29) Danica May Camacho
30) Malzabek Atambayev
31) William Adams
32) The Pipe and Glass
In Other News
1) Which Atlantic Island is to get its own airport ?
2) Name the PM of Greece who called then cancelled a referendum on the EU bail out deal
3) Which welsh lighthouse is up for sale ?
4) Which organization angered the USA by voting to accept the Palestinian Authority as a full member ?
5) Which area of Afghanistan Helmand province is due to be handed over to the Afghanistan forces by the British forces ?
6) A memorial stone for whom is to be placed in Poet’s Corner in Westminster Abbey ?
7) Where did a Boeing 767 of which airline pull off a text book crash landing last week ?
8) Which show became the first on UK daytime TV to feature full frontal male nudity ?
9) Whose bloomers sold last week for £9000 ?
10) Why are postmen being told not to deliver to houses in a part of Benfleet ?
11) Which 51 year old claimed he was delighted at becoming the father of a baby daughter last week ?
12) Who called for Cameron and Osborne to drop his opposition to the European proposal for a tax on banks ?
13) Name the newspaper that published the cartoon of Mohammad the day after a French satirical magazine was firebombed for featuring it ?
14) Where in South Wales were 3 men rescued after a mine collapsed ?
15) According to Harper’s Bazaar who is Britain’s Best dressed woman ?
16) Who said about his predecessor – “I can’t understand what he’s saying “
17) Which veteran rocker attacked itunes as a ‘digital vampire’ ?
18) The world’s oldest what – at 111 years old – was discovered in Poole in Dorset ?
19) What happened to a Martin Kippenberger art installation in a gallery in Dortmund ?
20) Who apologized for dumping unshredded controversial documents outside his constituency office ?
21) Which magazine celebrated its centenary this week ?
22) Which country are the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall touring at the moment ?
23) What have 12 artists including Tracey Emin, Bridget Reilly and Rachael Whiteread unveiled this week ?
24) Which council issued special branded doormats to elderly residents in its flats, then confiscated them over concerns over health and safety ?
25) Which landowner has been criticized for raising rents on the most famous flea market in Paris ?
26) An episode of which TV show has been aired for the first time after over 40 years in Germany ?
27) Which is the first cathedral in Britain to have a weathercock gilded in fair Trade gold leaf ?
28) What is the name of Rupert Murdoch’s daughter who claims to have urged her father to sack her brother James ?
29) What practice has been identified as being responsible for a series of earth tremors in Blackpool?
30) Who lost his appeal against extradition to Sweden ?
31) Who has quit as head coach of Wasps ?
32) Which premier league manager underwent heart surgery last week ?