In The News
Who or what are the following, and why have they been in the news?
1. Bernardo Hees
2. Augusto Odone
4. Conrad Murray
5. Sam Burgess
6. Theresa Villiers
7. Tony Cocker
8. David Smith
9. Sharon Shoesmith
10. Domenica Cemartan
11. Graham Stark
12. Molly Robson and Rosie Hargreaves
13. Vélo d’Or
14. Dell Latitude 6430u
15. Undisputed Truth
17. Blurred Lines
18. Michelle Young
19. Joel Tomkins
In Other News
1. In a survey, who was voted America’s favourite ever British actor?
2. Lou Reed passed away aged 71. What was his only UK number 1?
3. Whose trial began in the Old Bailey?
4. Which world landmark celebrated its 40th anniversary last week?
5. Who won the WTA championship final?
6. Who won the Indian GP
7. What was the score between Chelsea and Man City?
8. – and Sunderland and Newcastle?
9. Which teams contested this season’s second NFL match at Wembley?
10. Which veteran British actor passed away aged 85?
11. Which magazine was accused of bad taste last week?
12. Susan Boyle will be releasing a Christmas single – a version of O Come All Ye Faithful which will be a duet with whom?
13. Plans for installing a cable car where came under fire last week?
14. What was the score in the Rugby League world cup between Australia and England?
15. Who signed a 6 year deal with Spurs?
16. Mike Phillips reportedly began legal action against which club?
17. What will be the new maximum prison sentence for owners whose dogs take lives?
18. In the Capital One Cup, what was the score between Chelsea and Arsenal?
19. – and Man Utd and Norwich?
20. – and Leicester and Fulham?
21. – and West Ham and Burnley?
22. – and Man City and Newcastle?
23. – and what was the outcome of Spurs v. Hull City?
24. Which former Sport Minister was fined for jumping a red light?
25. Who will be playing Seb Coe in a new film?
26. At which position did David Cameron make the Forbes list of the world’s most powerful people?
27. Which club did UEFA sanction for its fans’ racist behaviour?
28. Which current MP called himself an ‘ex-politician’?
29. Who admitted an affair with the co-star on the US version of his show?
30. Who, called ‘ the best friend America ever had’ had a bust unveiled in the US Capitol building?
31. Which Welsh venue will host the next NATO summit?
32. Which animated character is being revived through a crowdfunding effort?
33. New grades for GCSEs were announced this week. What are they?
34. Which team beat which in the World Series?
35. Monty Panassar signed a two year deal with which county?
36. Which former international retired from his position with the FA?
Who or what are the following and why have they been in the news?
1. New CEO of Heinz
2. Inventor of Lorenzo’s Oil – passed away
3. Album by the White Stripes voted the Mojo Magazine best album of the last 20 years
4. Michael Jackson’s doctor – released from prison this week
5. England rugby league player suspended after high tackle in match v. Australia
6. Northern Ireland secretary to whom letter bomb was addressed
7. Only Energy chief to appear in the Commons Select Committee
8. Supposed former BBC driver with 22 convictions – found dead.
9. Former head of Children’s services at Haringey Council, awarded a 6 figure payout
10. Dancer aboard the Costa Concordia who admitted that she’d had an affair with the captain
11. 91 year old British film actor – friend and best man of Peter Sellers 4 times – passed away
12. Schoolgirls who won the competition to design the Royal Mail Christmas stamps
13. Prize for the year’s top cyclist, awarded to Chris Froome
14. Owners have complained that the devices give out a smell reminiscent of cats’ pee
15. Title of Mike Tyson’s Autobiography
16. James Blake’s album that won the Mercury Music Prize
17. Song by Robin Thicke, which has led to accusations that he plagiarized Marvin Gaye’s Got To Give It Up, and a possible lawsuit from Marvin Gaye’s family
18. Estranged wife of tycoon who says that she is prepared to ‘settle for £300million’ in a divorce
19. New England scrum half to face Australia
In Other News
1. Sean Connery
2. The Children in Need version of Perfect Day
3. Rebekah Wade and Andy Coulson
4. Sydney Opera House
5. Serena Williams
6. Sebastian Vettel
7. 2 – 1 to Chelsea
8. 2 – 1 to Sunderland
9. San Francisco 49ers bt Jacksonville Jaguars
10. Nigel Davenport
11. Private Eye following their Rebekah Wade and Andy Coulson cover
12. Elvis Presley
13. Cheddar Gorge
14. 28 – 20 to Australia
15. Kyle Walker
17. 14 years
18. 2 – 0 Chelsea
19. 4 – 0 Man Utd
20. 4 – 3 Leicester
21. 2 – 0 West Ham
22. 2 – 0 Man City
23. Spurs won on penalties after the match finished 2 – 2
24. Kate Hoey
25. Daniel Radcliffe
27. CSKA Moscow
28. Gordon Brown
29. Paul Hollywood
30. Winston Churchill
31. The Celtic Manor Resort
33. 1 to 9
34. Boston Red Sox beat St. Louis Cardinals
36. Ray Clemence