In The News
Who or what are the following and why have they been in the news?
1. Miles Scott
2. Hurricane Fly
3. Sebastian Ogier
4. Paul Flowers
5. Paul Sykes
6. Elena Baltacha
7. Ewen Mackenzie
8. Jenny Dennehy
9. Nick Boles MP
10. Emma Way
11. Alberto Salazar
12. Telephone Boxes of Wales
13. Kevin Chenais
14. Chris Kermode
16. Rangi CHase
17. Richard Hannon
18. Abdelhakim Dekhar
19. Magnus Carlsen
20. Michelle Young
21. Mike Naylor
In Other News
1. Which 94 year old author passed away, and for a bonus, in which country was she born?
2. Which European volcano suffered a small eruption last week?
3. Who pulled out of his scheduled boxing match with Tyson Fury following advice from doctors that a serious shoulder injury means that he should reitre?
4. Who won the US Grand Prix?
5. What was the score in the RU Autumn test match between Scotland and South Africa?
6. - and England and New Zealand?
7. – and Ireland and Australia?
8. – and Wales and Argentina?
9. – and Wales and Tonga?
10. Which country won the Davis Cup?
11. What was the score in the RL World cup quarter final between England and France?
12. Who was the 7th celebrity to leave Strictly?
13. Which former MP pleaded guilty last week to nearly £13,000 bogus expenses claims?
14. Which group announced they will be reuniting for a stage show?
15. A gunman opened fire at the offices of which French newspaper last week?
16. Who was guest editor of the Today Programme?
17. The rebuilding of which Liverpool Theatre was completed last week?
18. What was the score in the friendly between England and Germany?
19. Which team drew their first ever full international football match with Slovakia?
20. Portugal beat which team to qualify for the 2014 FIFA world cup?
21. What was the score in the match between Scotland and Norway?
22. Which team did France beat to qualify for the 2014 FIFA world cup?
23. Which company announced last week that they are to close all 44 of their UK stores?
24. Last week saw the 150 anniversary of which speech?
25. Who was named the world’s highest earning musician over the last year?
26. What was presented to Oprah Winfrey last week?
27. Which is the UK’s new City of CUlture
28. Who won this year’s Golden Boot?
29. Which is the only country that will be making its debut in the 2014 World Cup?
30. Who was sacked as manager of Scunthorpe?
31. Which composer was the subject of a mistake by the setters on University Challenge?
32. Who took 5 – 65 on the first day of the first Ashes test?
33. Whose 100th game as an international rugby union coach took place this week?
34. Which actor revealed that he has been treated for skin cancer?
35. Which former labour minister announced that she will not stand in the next election?
36. Who is the new face of Versace?
37. Which is the first UK supermarket chain to ban energy drinks for Under 16s?