Sunday, 20 September 2026

Adieu, Nobody's Fool

 I was sorry, but not completely shocked by the news that ITV are not planning to make another series of Nobody’s Fool. Back in May ITV aired this hybrid of a Traitor’s-style intrigue game and a quiz, hosted by Danny Dyer and Emily Atack. I liked the show and made a point of watching every episode. In my review of the series after the final episode I said,

“Summing up then I enjoyed “Nobody’s Fool”. It isn’t “The Traitors” (although one suspects that it rather wishes that it was) but I watched the first two shows on demand then made a point of being around to watch each show of the rest of the series as it aired. The big question, though, is whether enough viewers felt the same. I hope so. If it comes back, I will watch it.”

Well, I think that the answer to that big question was a pretty resounding, no, not enough viewers did feel the same. It’s a shame, because I enjoyed it. This comes at a time when ITV are also rumoured to have no plans to make a second series of The Chase Around the World, another quiz based show that I really enjoyed. That’s the problem with what my grandparents would have called commercial television. The bottom line really is the bottom line.

No comments: