I really don’t pretend to understand why Mastermind has
been taken off for another week. This time its replaced by Grand Tours of
Scotland’s Lochs. Which I’m sure will be interesting and picturesque, but
hardly necessitating the disruption of the normal schedules, I would have
thought.
Well, when heat 7 is aired a week today the specialist
subjects will be –
Essays of George Orwell
The films of Madonna
The Pilot Pauline Gower
The 2000 AD comics of the 1980s and 1990s
I would like to think I will get a couple of points. Not in
each round, but as an overall aggregate. None of the subjects can I pretend to
know anything about. I think the only Madonna film I have watched all the way
through is “A League of their Own.” I have never read any of the essays of
George Orwell. Nor, for that matter, 2000 AD. I have never heard of the pilot
Pauline Gower, to my shame. So hopefully general knowledge will help me scramble
a couple of pieces of low hanging fruit.
Thankfully there’s still Mastermind 1977 on BBC Four, and
it’s the only edition of Mastermind to see Sir David Hunt beaten, I believe. He
won the repechage semi and the final and then won the 1982 Champion of Champions
series.
1 comment:
I assume it's because the slot was originally for Today at the Test, in the optimistic hope that a Test match might last for 5 days.
I enjoy the blog btw!
Post a Comment