4 Mastermind heats without a break and ‘That’s yer lot!’ says Auntie Beeb. Not sure why it’s off the screen tomorrow, but it’s only off for a week. Until the next time, anyway.
I’m still enjoying The Chase Across the World.The previous
episode we saw another pair losing to the Chasers and going home from Lisbon.
Last week we were in Paris. Now, some of the advertising for the show led me to
believe that we’d be finishing in Paris – don’t remember now where I got that
idea from. For the first time I incorrectly predicted where Bradders was going
to be by the end of the show – I thought it would be the Eiffel Tower but that
was just a stop on the way.
In the very first show we saw Ashwin and Nikita make a good
stab at the GK and the Chasers make an uncharacteristic couple of errors in the
Final Chase and they survived to make it to the next destination. In last week’s
show, having made a wee bit of an oreille de cochon of some of the clues Ashwin
and Nikita again were the last to complete Where’s Bradley. Again, they made a
decent fist of the GK – although not, I fancy, quite as good as their first.
Again, the Chasers made uncharacteristic errors and our intrepid pair survived.
Once is bad luck for the Chasers. Twice is beginning to look careless.
When you get right down to it, I like that there’s precious
little sneakiness being asked of our teams in this show, which I felt was a bit
of a jarring note in Destination X last year. Yes, okay, the team in first
place one week gets to determine the order in which the teams will be asked
starting questions in the next show but that’s it. The show is about answering
questions , working out clues, and passing through a few locations that are
very easy on the eye and I like that.
No comments:
Post a Comment