Yes, with tomorrow's Mastermind fast approaching I've been having a quick look at El Tel's wiki page, and here's the questions I've culled from the information thereon. We'll see how many - if any - feature in the show.
Terry Venables Wiki Challenge Questions
1. Where was Terry Venables born ?
2. What is his middle name ?
3. For which team did he make his first team debut as a professional footballer ?
4. IN which year did he make this debut ?
5. Terry Venables has managed England and which other national football team ?
6. What was the name of the secondary school attended by Terry Venables ?
7. Terry Venables signed for his first professional club after being left out of which amateur squad ?
8. Against which cub did Venables score in the final of the 1965 League Cup ?
9. For how much was Venables sold to Tottenham Hotspur in 1966 ?
10. Venables was one of the players whose bust up with which manager over a pre match curfew eventually leading to his sale to Tottenham Hotspur?
11. How many goals did Venables score in his professional league career ?
12. How many games did Venables play for Crystal Palace before being appointed their manager ?
13. Venables was appointed manager of Crystal Palace in succession to which manager ?
14. In his first season as manager Palace achieved promotion through a dramatic away win on the last day of the season against which club ?
15. In which month of 1979 did Venables’ Crystal Palace top the first division for the only time in the club’s history ?
16. In October 1980 Venables left Palace to manage which club ?
17. Against which side did Venables QPR lose an FA Cup Final replay in 1982 ?
18. In 1984 QPR achieved their highest League position while he was manager, what was it ?
19. Which fellow British manager recommended Venables for the position of coach of Barcelona ?
20. In which year did Barcelona under Venables win La Liga ?
21. Which team defeated Venables’ Barcelona in the final of the 1986 European Cup in a penalty shoot out ?
22. In the semi finals of the 1986 European Cup, Venables’ Barcelona overame a 3- 0 first leg deficit to beat which team ?
23. Which British team defeated Barcelona in the quarter finals of the Uefa Cup in 1987, which was one of the contributory factors towards the end of Venables’ tenure ?
24. Whom did Venables sign for Spurs in the first £2 million transfer between British clubs ?
25. Who was Venables partner in his failed £20 million bid to takeover Spurs ?
26. When Venables was appointed as Chief Executive by Alan Sugar which former manager was reappointed as team manager ?
27. What was Venables’ official designation when he was appointed in charge of the England National team in 1994 ?
28. Which team did Venables’ England team defeat 4 – 1 during the group stages of the 1996 Euro ?
29. Venables was appointed the manager of Australia following whose resignation ?
30. Which competition did Venables lead Australia to the final of in 1997 ?
31. Which team beat them in the final of this competition ?
32. Venables’ Australia missed out on qualification for the 1998 World Cup when they were beaten on the away goals rule in a play off against which team ?
33. While managing Australia Venables became consultant with then Chairman of which English league club ?
34. Which of his former clubs did Venables return to manage in 1998 ?
35. With whom did Venables co-manage Middlesbrough in 2001 in their successful fight against relegation ?
36. A fortnight into his appointment as manager of Leeds United, Venables sold which England international for a record transfer fee to Manchester United ?
37. What was the name of Venables’ London Drinking Club ?
38. Which TV series was co – written by Venables for ITV ?
39. Under which pseudonym did Venables and his co writer write the series ?
40. Venables has co-written four novels with which author ?
41. In 1994 which BBC programme made allegations against Venables ?
42. A photograph of Venables appeared on the cover for which single by Morrissey ?
43. With which band did Venables record England Crazy in 2002 ?
44. Venables appeared in a 1996 TV advert with former managers Graham Taylor and Bobby Robson for what ?
45. Venables is Chairman of which Welsh League side ?
46. In 2010 Venables’ version of “If I Can Dream reached number 23 in the charts. It was produced in association with which newspaper ?