Who or what are the following and why have they been in the news ?
1. Nevin Spence
2. Patrick Mercer
3. Jonathan Tiernan-Locke
4. Paul Beales
5. Aurelien Hamelle
6. 15 Khordad Foundation
7. Susanne Wilkinson
8. Dale Cregan
10. Elinor Barker
11. Doctor Sleep
12. Vindicat W
13. Just Sayin’
14. Daniel Thomas
15. Charlie Richardson
17. Andrew Mitchell
18. Jessica Harper
19. The Casual Vacancy
20. The Audience
In Other News
1. Who was criticized last week for saying that he can’t think of anything worse than 2 men bringing up a child together ?
2. Spurs achieved their first win in the Premier League this year against which team ?
3. London Welsh achieved their first premier league win against which team ?
4. Michael Gove announced his replacement for GCSEs last week. What is it called ?
5. Who was officially sacked by the Metropolitan Police last week ?
6. At a Charity auction, which celebrity bought Donington Park’s famous Dunlop Bridge last week ?
7. Who won a prestigious Spanish amateur golf title ?
8. Who won cricket’s first division of the county championship ?
9. Who were runners up ?
10. Which two teams were relegated to Division 2 ?
11. Who had the best batting average in Division 1 ?
12. Who had the best bowling average for division 1 ?
13. Which team won the second division ?
14. Which team were also promoted ?
15. Who had the best batting average in division 2 ?
16. Who had the best bowling average in division 2 ?
17. Laura Robson marked her highest ever world ranking by making the final of her first WTA tournament. Where ?
18. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge put their troubles behind them and joined dancers on which small island nation ?
19. A huge diamond field has been found in a meteorite crater in which country ?
20. The very last of which make and model of car rolled off the production line last week ?
21. Venice has decided to allow what on the Rialto Bridge ?
22. Who scored the last minute goal to give Real Madrid a 3 – 2 win over Man City ?
23. Which European team did Arsenal defeat 2 – 1 ?
24. Which well respected sports writer and sports editor passed away last week aged 63 ?
25. Striking miners returned to work at which South African mine ?
26. Whose campaign against windfarms was ruled as using a misleading advert ?
27. For what did Nick Clegg publicly apologise last week ?
28. Who is quitting The World Tonight ?
29. With which team did Chelsea draw ?
30. – and with which team did Celtic draw ?
31. Which team did Man Utd. beat 1 – 0
32. Which Space Shuttle flew to its new home in LA ?
33. Who walked out of Piers’ Morgans CNN show after seeing photographs of his ex wife on the set ?
34. Burmese leaders are learning about democracy through watching which TV show ?
35. Which BBC News presenter is now joining Songs of Praise ?
36. By whom was Jeremy Paxman faced with the accusation that University Challenge is ‘dumbing Down “ ?