Who or what are the following, and why have they been in the news ?
1) Jessie J
2) Michael Boyd
3) Justine Greening
4) Philip Hammond
5) Jake Preston
6) PC Myles Hughes
7) Jan Moulton
8) Kevin Flynn
9) Winson Green
10) Paul Merson
13) Yulia Tymoshenko
14) Gilad Shalit
15) Jeremy Heywood
16) Sir Gus O’Donnell
17) Rob Sloan
18) Harvey Boulter
20) Umar Farouq Abdulmutallab
21) The Literature Prize
22) Emily John
23) Katie Price
24) Javier Bardem
25) Lord Hunt of Wirral
26) Georgia Forteath
27) Jingme Wangchuck
28) Bedd Morris Stone
29) Kamini Patel
30) Muhammed Imran
32) Jill Pay
In other news : -
1) Andy Murray beat Rafael Nadal in the final of which event ?
2) Which world leader survived a vote of no confidence ?
3) - and which didn’t pay his bar bill ?
4) Where was a miner rescued from a mine in the Neath Valley ?
5) Who blamed the younger generations lack of respect n the decline of Sunday schools ?
6) It has been claimed last week that which war hero was killed in an incident of friendly fire ?
7) Which phone company were silenced through a technical glitch mid week ?
8) Who claimed that Twitter and Facebook et al are ‘ hives of malignity ‘ ?
9) Opinions differed last week as to the safety of chimneys – where ?
10) Which cabinet colleague was caught out trying to smear Theresa May and Phil Hammond ?
11) Where did Sir Paul McCartney’s 3rd marriage take place ?
12) Who was the first ‘celebrity’ kicked out of Strictly Come Dancing ?
13) What is the faith of Republican contender Mitt Romney ?
14) Which is the first University college to drop the traditional degree classifications in favour of US style grade point averages ?
15) Which London landmark was revealed to be tilting last week ?
16) Which is rated the world’s top university ?
17) Which US State has banned under 18s from tanning booths ?
18) Nigel Ely , ex SAS soldier , is auctioning which unusual item from the Gulf War for charity ?
19) What unusual scoring method is used in the Telford Football League ?
20) What will be on the tails side of the new Diamond Jubilee £5 coin ?
21) Which team ended Scotland’s hopes of reaching the Euro play offs ?
22) Which former cricketer is suing lawyers over compensation for a property deal ?
23) A new factory to manufacture wings for the Airbus has opened where ?
24) Veronica Connolly had to be ordered to pay her license fee, after she refused because of which programme ?
25) In which country are the world Scrabble championships being held ?
26) Which flag flew above 10 Downing Street on 15th October ?
27) Who were embarrassingly forced to pull out of a deal to produce a Satnav ?
28) 9 jockeys including AP McCoy were banned under new rules governing use of the whip in which racecourse ?
29) Bombs were exploded in the City of Culture for 2013 – which city ?
30) By mistake, what did Tesco end up selling for a very cheap 29p ?
31) Porthmadog Council are boycotting the opening of the A487 Bypass – why ?
32) Who has been criticised for chucking official papers in a public bin ?
33) Which Iranian broadcaster have been banned from British airwaves ?
34) Who will be chairing the review into the England RU world cup campaign ?
35) Name the Wales captain very harshly sent off during the Wales v. France world cup semi final ?