Who or what are the following, and why have they been in the news ?
1) Karen Murphy
2) Towakul Kurma, Leymah Gowee, Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
3) Josef Martin
4) Boris Berezovsky
5) Adam Werrity
6) Jo Wheatley
7) Tomas Tranströmer
8) Malcolm White
9) The Hands and Flowers
10) Ranzo Avila
11) Bill Smith
13) John Stewart
14) Daniel Schectman
15) Sean Iceton
16) Charlie Gilmour
17) Mohammed Asif – Salman Butt
18) Robert Moore
19) Annabel Newton
20) Janine Owen
21) Morag Keil
22) Yacoub Osman
23) Jonathan Djanogly
24) Raffaele Solecito
25) Andrasch Stark
26) Marie Dedieu
27) Nicola Bentley- Lovell
28) Ralph Steinman
29) Margaret Amao
30) Beatrice Dalton
31) Giuliano Mignini
32) Robert Barker
33) Jessica Palmer
34) Steven Regan
36) John Cauldwell
37) Damian Fowkes
In other news : -
1) In which city was the Amanda Know appeal heard ?
2) Which supermarket are now selling multicolored carrots ?
3) What were revealed as the top food cities in a) Europe – b) UK ?
4) Where has Rodin’s “The Kiss “ gone on temporary display ?
5) What is the designation of the new iphone ?
6) Which pacific island nation is undergoing a fresh water emergency ?
7) A couple from which country have claimed to be the german forest boy’s grandparents ?
8) Prince Harry has begun training where ?
9) Who had to apologise to Jonathan Wilkes for calling him a ‘retard’ on air ?
10) What was found in the River Thames in London ?
11) Which newspaper celebrated its 25th anniversary ?
12) Who criticized muslim schools for valuing the Koran over science ?
13) 9 cases of Legionnaires Disease have developed in people who have recently visited which island ?
14) Name the credit ratings agency that has downgraded the credit rating of 12 English banks ?
15) In a survey, which book topped the poll of books that Britons claim to have read, but haven’t ?
16) How much money is the Bank of England printing for quantative easing ?
17) A nest of which poisonous creatures had been found in Bletchley ?
18) Which 1981 Ashes hero passed away suddenly ?
19) The RNLI in Tynemouth were called out after what was mistaken for a distress flare ?
20) Who announced that she will not stand for the presidency of the USA ?
21) Which actor was arrested for failing to take a breath test ?
22) How much will the Aakash – India’s new computer tablet – cost ?
23) Aberystwyth Council have voted to include which flag among a display of flags of the nations ?
24) Why was the King’s Fee JD Wetherspoons pub in Hereford criticized last week ?
25) How old was Steve Jobs, who passed away last week ?
26) Which architect won the Stirling Prize for the second year in a row ?
27) Where in England was the new record set for a day’s temperature in October ?
28) The BBC has been criticized for news reporters being continuously shown wearing which conspicuously branded coat ?
29) Who is heading the inquiry into phone hacking ?
30) Who resigned as manager of Nottingham Forest ?
31) Which Republican presidential hopeful was criticized for the offensive former name of his hunting lodge ?
32) Why was Thomas the Tank Engine criticised last week ?
33) Ofcom announced that they will be taking no action about whose controversial Newsnight appearance ?
34) In which city did the Tory Party conference take place ?
35) Who walked out of a show in St. Helens because there was no carpet in his dressing room ?
36) Who said that Strictly Come Dancing is a celebrity Job Centre ?
37) Where was a controversial bus lane scrapped ?
38) How many notches was Italy’s credit rating downgraded ?
39) Oxford Brookes have created a new bicycle made from what ?
40) In the USA, which TV show is set to end unless the cast agree to a 45% pay cut ?
41) Who was refused a visa by South Africa, so that he could not visit Desmond Tutu’ birthday celebrations ?
42) Which Olympic gold medallist was one of a pair who had to abandon an attempt on the cycling tandem record from Land’s End to John O’Groats ?
1) The landlady who has challenged her conviction for screening football using a foreign decoder
2) Winners of the Nobel Peace Prize
3) He sent his estranged wife a video of an adulterous woman being stoned to death.
4) The Russian businessman suing Roman Abramovich
5) The friend of Liam Fox in the current controversy
6) Winner of the great British Bake Off
7) Winner of the Nobel Prize for Literature
8) He was arrested on suspicion of killing a robber who was trying to steal his car keys
9) The first ever pub to earn 2 michelin stars
10) The illegal immigrant at the centre of the ‘allowed to stay because of his cat ‘ disagreement between Ken Clarke and Theresa May
11) A 75 year old fell runner who died on a training run, and was not found for 3 weeks
12) Internet speculation is that this will be the title of the next James Bond film
13) The Heathrow airport 3rd runway protestor who has been barred from entering the USA
14) Winner of the Nobel Prize for Chemistry
15) Teen burglar who was turned in by his mother, who admitted 273 burglaries
16) Jailed for 16 months for swinging on the Cenotaph
17) Pakistan cricketers on corruption charges
18) His autopsy revealed that he died and was undiscovered for 3 days in St. James’ Park
19) The hotel worker subjected to lewd comments from Chris Ashton – Dylan Hartley and James Haskell
20) Paramedic struck off for taking laughing gas during 999 calls
21) Artist whose work went on display at Newport Art Gallery – there were complaints because her work shows people copulating
22) He was convicted of writing racist graffiti on posters of Steven Spielberg films
23) Justice Minister criticized for having shares in his childrens’ names
24) Also freed along with Amanda Knox
25) Jockey who rode Danedream to an unexpected win in the Prix del’Arc de Triomphe
26) French tourist kidnapped in Kenya
27) Claims that she was sacked as a driving tester for failing too many people
28) He died three days before being awarded the Nobel prize for medicine
29) Nurse who was threatened with being struck off for threatening to cut her practice manager to pieces
30) Nanny who stole £12,000 from the daughter of the Duke of Richmond, because she thought she was so rich that she wouldn’t miss it
31) Chief prosecutor in the Amanda Knox case
32) He drove into a hospital security guard who told him that there was no parking space for him
33) She was revealed as the blonde girl with Mike Tindall on that evening
34) A joyrider who stole a JCB and tried to escape police by driving it through a graveyard
35) Web comparison site criticized for running competition for photograph of the worst sunburn
36) Nurse struck off for sexually inappropriate behavior to colleagues
37) He admitted trying to kill Ian Huntley in prison
In Other News
3) a) Florence – b) York
8) Top Gun
9) Eamonn Holmes
10) A short snouted sea horse
11) The Independent
12) Richard Dawkins
15) Pride and Prejudice
16) £75 billion
17) False Widow spiders
18) Graham Dilley
19) Planet Jupiter
20) Sarah Palin
21) Kris Marshall
23) The Gipsy Flag
24) Opening a crèche
26) Zaha Hadid
29) Lord Leveson
30) Steve Mclaren
31) Rick Perry
32) The new DVD talks of a Holiday Tree rather than a Christmas Tree
33) David Starkey
35) Freddie Starr
36) Len Goodman
37) Heathrow to London on the M4
40) The Simpsons
41) The Dalai Lama
42) James Cracknell