Thursday 13 October 2011

Just a quick note to reassure you -

- that I haven't dropped off the face of the planet. I meant to post previews of the second round of both OC and UC this week, but am so snowed under with the w word at the moment that I haven't had time to write them. I do apologise. I will try to , I promise, possibly about the same time that I post the reviews of this week's shows. They are in the pipeline, but it might well be tomorrow evening before I can do it.

Still, to keep you going, here's the answer to the last cryptic -

1) Where and when did Stockwell’s partner, a wizard runner, Ashton’s other half, and Edgar Rice Burroughs’ warrior of Mars combine in victory ?

Answer - T.E.Stockwell was Jack COHEN's tea supplier. Cohen took the TES, and added it to his own CO to make Tesco. WILSON was the name of the great athlete in the Wizard comic of days gone by. Ashton Kutcher's other half is a demi - Demi MOORE to be precise. Now, Edgar Rice Burroughs' warrior of Mars, in the Barsoom novels, was called John Carter. John Carter is the real name of CHARLTON Heston. So in 1966, at Wembley Stadium, Cohen, Wilson, Moore and Charlton combined in England's back four, to win the football World Cup.

Once again, I'm sorry for the delay in posting - but like it or not its the job that puts the food on the table, and so there's times when it has to come first.

No comments: