Here they are then - answers to last week's questions
Who or what are the following, and why have they been in the news ?
1) Nigel Richards
2) Ice cream sandwich
3) Fauja Singh
4) Stena Navigator
5) Amanda Boxtel
6) Malcolm Fyfield
7) Charlotte Berry
9) Nabila Nankufa
10) Michael Campbell
11) Andrew Rosenfeld
12) Sheila Lockhart
13) Wang Yue
14) Zanesville Ohio
15) Margaret Cunningham
17) Danny Simpson
18) Ekaterina Zatuliveter
19) The Exactor
20) The Sense of An Ending
21) Tom Lewis
22) Wayne Barnes
23) Craig Joubert
25) Craig Williams
26) Howard Camping
27) Geraldine Grace
28) Lord Sainsbury
29) Jamie Bell
30) Dan Wheldon
31) Dan Lobb
33) Henry Winkler
34) Lilliane Bettencourt
35) Alan Billis
36) Nicholas de Lacy Brown
37) Ellen Whitaker
38) Francois Hollande
In Other News
1) Which band this week sold out for their reunion concert ?
2) A vaccine for malaria has been developed by which company ?
3) Which organization has accused the coalition government of ignoring women ?
4) A mysterious jelly has reappeared where, for the first time in over 50 years ?
5) Where have council workmen been criticized for using old tombstones to repair a drystone wall ?
6) A new ‘Eye’ ferris wheel has opened in which resort ?
7) Which actress told Melvyn Bragg that she suffered a breakdown in her 20s ?
8) Which author said that the National Curriculum takes all of the joy out of reading ?
9) Which politician is behind the moves to change the rules governing succession to the throne ?
10) St. Pauls has been closed due to the anti capitalism protestors. This is the first time it has been closed since when ?
11) Which school has been criticized for knocking down a chapel to build science labs ?
12) Which 2 teams are contesting the baseball world series ?
13) Which country has the most 3 Michelin star restaurants now ?
14) On an Anglesey Monopoly board, newly made, where would you find Llanfair P.G. ?
15) A judge in Barnsley has banned the use of which word in the courtroom when used in a dialect context ?
16) Who told the Halle Orchestra that they can no longer claim to be the oldest orchestra in Britain any more ?
17) Last week saw the final hearing over which ‘racist’ Tintin book ?
18) Where did Lewis Hamilton become the first driver in a car other than a Red Bull to get poll position this season ?
19) Where in London do people live longest in the UK ?
20) What was announced as returning for the first time since 1992 ?
21) Patrice Evra claimed that he received racist abuse from which player ?
22) Which popular Youtube channel was hijacked with porn by hackers last week ?
23) Which Asian capital has been hit by floods ?
24) Who declared an end to their campaign of violence ?
25) Which Hollywood star was snubbed by KFC in East Grinstead ?
26) Which country invaded Iraq after clashes with Kurdish rebels ?
27) What punishment was handed out to wales’ captain Sam Warburton ?
28) Which airline left passengers sitting in their plane on the tarmac for 9 hours at Gatwick after it was rerouted, when the flight crew left the plane since it was time for them to clock off ?
29) Which seaside pier went up for sale ?
30) Which organization is under fire for its links to Amazon ( its not me ! )
31) Concerns were raised last week over health risks from which cosmetic treatment ?
32) Where is the UKs worst ambulance service ?
Who or what are the following and why have they been in the news ?
1) The new world Scrabble champion
2) Google’s new Android operating system
3) The oldest person ever to complete a full marathon at 100 years of age.
4) A ship that lost power and was drifting off the coast of Scotland
5) The paraplegic lady who used the new device – the ekso – to walk again
6) He was arrested on suspicion of negligence manslaughter at the Gleision mine
7) Assistant headteacher in Billericay investigated for making graphic twitter messages
8) Electric car company allegedly suing Top Gear
9) Tragically killed in a crush at the Lava and Ignite nightclubs in Northampton
10) Real IRA Terrorist caught in an MI5 sting and jailed for 12 years
11) Property Tycoon asked by Ed Milliband to raise funds for the Labour party
12) Owner accused of driving a Mercedes through the front door of jockey Warren Marston’s house when he told a trainer that she was being investigated
13) The hit and run toddler, seemingly ignored by passers by, who sadly passed away in China
14) Community terrorized by freed lions and bears, let loose by owner of wildlife park before he killed himself
15) She presented the queen with a bouquet in Australia, 57 years after she did it during the 1954 visit
16) A virus targeting energy firms, eg EDF
17) Newcastle Utd. footballer who had his driving ban suspended because he can’t afford a chauffeur
18) Accused of being a Russian spy , lady who seduced Lib MP Mike Hancock
19) The new army missile being used in Afghanistan
20) Julian Barnes’ Booker Prize winning novel
21) He won the Portugal Masters in only his 3rd professional golf tournament
22) Refereed Wales v Australia RWC bronze medal match
23) Refereed RWC final
24) Nicolas Sarkozy and Carla Bruni’s baby daughter
25) In court charged with driving a 4x4 to the top of Mt. Snowdon
26) US evangelist predicted end of world on October 21st
27) Inquest revealed that she was trampled to death by cows
28) New Chancellor of Cambridge University
29) Voice of Tintin in the new film
30) British Indy Car driver who died in a pile up at a race in Las Vegas
31) 2nd person voted out of Strictly
32) 4 of its members were declared bankrupt
33) Received honorary OBE for work for dyslexic children
34) French l’Oreal heiress placed under guardianship of her family
35) Died from lung cancer, before death applied to be mummified for a Channel 4 documentary
36) Former Apprentice candidate suing for compensation over leg injury
37) Show jumper from famous show jumping family banned for driving over the alcohol limit
38) Socialist candidate for presidency of France
In Other News
1) The Stone Roses
2) Glaxo Smith Kline
3) The Womens Institute
4) The Lake District
5) Netherton, West Yorks
7) Joanna Lumley
8) Philip Pullman
9) Keith Vaz
10) The 1940 London Blitz
11) St. Paul’s school
12) St Louis Cardinals and texas rangers
14) Kings Cross
16) Advertising Standards Agency
17) “Tintin in the Congo”
18) South Korea
19) Kensington and Chelsea
20) Bob A Job Week
21) Luis Suarez
22) Sesame Street Channel
25) John Travolta
27) 3 week ban
28) Air India
29) Walton on the Naze
30) The British Library
31) Fish Pedicure
32) East Midlands