Sunday 23 April 2023

Me Memory's Going . . .

My memory’s going. Oh, not in the quiz, so far, fingers crossed. No, I’ll tell you what I mean by this. Adam set the quiz on Thursday evening ad I have to say it was his best yet in my humble opinion. I think that there was something for everyone, and a winning mixture of more well known stuff, easier questions and more difficult questions. And one of the things I really like about a quiz, that Adam managed to do, is to ask a question where you think – hmm, that’s a bit more difficult than the average question, not sure that I know the answer – and you manage to dredge it up from somewhere. Adam had at least one or two of these, but frustratingly I’ve forgotten which questions they actually were!

This wasn’t one of them, because I knew the answer and what’s more, I knew that I knew the answer. But I still liked the question very much :-

In the 1985 Wembley Live Aid concert, which performer only sang the one song, which was ‘All You Need is Love?’. It was Elvis Costello and he rather cheekily described it as a northern folk song.

This coming Wednesday is the monthly film quiz in the Gwyn Hall in Neath. This one is From Page To Screen, which maybe promises me a little more than Musicals in February did, but certainly not as much as Oscars did in March.

No comments: