Tuesday 19 October 2010

More on Mastermind Update

I am indebted to LAM regular Andrew Teale who has correctly reminded me that if semi final slots are open to people who finished third or 4th in their heat , then he himself should be on the board. So it would actually be like this : -

Hamish Cameron – 30 – 2
Pamela Woods - 30 - 6
Anne Skillen - 30 -7
James Collenette - 29 – 2
Andrew Teale – 27 - 4
Ian Packham - 27 – 7


However its not as simple as that, for Andrew tells me that he asked the production team the same question - are semi final slots opne for the 6 highest non winning socres, or only the 6 highest second place scores, and was categorically told that only 2nd place scores were eligible. I must admit, that is what I had heard. In which case the board looks once again like this : -

Hamish Cameron – 30 – 2
Anne Skillen - 30 -7
James Collenette - 29 - 2
Ian Packham - 27 – 7
Chris Harrison - 26 - 1
Laura Humphreys 25 – 4


But which is right ? I do know that Jon Kelly , Mastermind's esteemed and talented producer, does read the blog from time to time. So Jon, or any of the team, if you happen to be reading this, how's about dropping me an email so that I can give a categorical answer and settle this question for once and for all ?

2 comments:

Will Jones said...

Harry Hill can settle this one.

Londinius said...

What are the chances of that happening, eh ?