Monday 11 March 2024

Mastermind 2024 Semi Final 4 Preview

Phew. Only just made it since there’s only a couple of hours until semi final four is shown. So what are tonight’s subjects, then?

The actor Peter Cushing

The History of Percussion Instruments

The Television series The Sarah Jane Adventures

Sir Bobby Robson

Well, while there’s none of them on the list promises to match my round on The Prose Edda, this does look like a kinder than average set from my own point of view.

Peter Cushing. I ought to get one or two I would have thought. I was quite a fan of his work for Hammer, for example.

Percussion instruments – well, okay, this is the least lijkely subject to bring me points. Even then, though, it’s the kind of thing where general knowledge and good guessing might well bring something.

The Sarah Jane Adventures. Ten years ago I set out to watch every (surviving) episode of every series of Doctor Who, and review them. Ten books later I set out to do the spin off series Torchwood and the SJA. So I have seen all of them and I have written about all of them. Gotta be worth a least one or two, I reckon, and therefore my banker subject of the night. (The books are titled Nothing New To Say About Doctor Who and available on your kindle.)

Sir Bobby Robson again is not a subject I necessarily know a huge amount about, but it should be enough to net something. Taken altogether then an aggregate of less than five would be a disappointment, and more than 10 would be a bit of a surprise.

No comments: