Sunday 3 March 2024

Mastermind 2024 Semi Final 3 Preview

Yes, peeps, it’s preview time again. In tomorrow night’s third Mastermind semi final the subjects will be:-

James I of Scotland

The TV Series Breaking Bad

World Athletics Championships from 2011 to the present day

The Life of Mary Shelley

Here’s my feelings. When there’s kings and queens involved I can usually get a point or two. However specifically Kings of (just) Scotland is more tricky. Maybe I can scrape a point. Then again, maybe not.

I did watch the first three or four episodes of Breaking Bad a few years ago, but I just didn’t continue to hold my interest and I gave it up as a bad job. Will that be enough to scrape a point? Again, it’s not impossible, but it’s not very likely either.

World Athletics Championships 2011 to the Present Day. Well, all I can say is that I think we can expect the need for really in depth knowledge when dealing with a round on such a short time period. Which is a bit of a shame since I love track and field but I’m not sure that I have the kind of in depth knowledge required to even get close to my score on the Prose Edda last week. Nevertheless, this is my banker subject.

For the first week in a long time, I don’t feel like there’s any one subject where I absolutely have no hope at all of scoring, since I know a bit about Mary Shelley. Not enough for more than a point or two, but still enough to bring me one or two I hope.

Anything approaching 7 would no be a bad return for me in aggregate, I think.

No comments: