Tuesday 16 May 2023

So farewell, then The Tournament.

I’ve seen reports today that the BBC has pulled the plug on The Tournament. I’m sorry to hear this, although not necessarily all that surprised. I rather liked it although after the first series I made a number of suggestions for tweaks to improve the show. I’m sorry to say that none of these suggestions were incorporated into the second series. It’s not for me to say that this was the reason why the second series is the last, but you could be forgiven for reaching that conclusion for yourself. In all seriousness, though, it’s a shame that this is it for the show. Mind you, one thing I won’t miss is the cringe-making god-awful battle cries at the start of the show. It didn’t matter how many times Alex Scott said ‘Great battle cries guys!’ – I hated them.

No comments: