Friday 17 July 2015

Where Was I?

Right now, where was I?

Actually, that’s a very pertinent question. Look, I am really sorry to any formerly regular readers who happen to chance upon this entry that it’s been months since I last posted. I feel I owe you some kind of explanation, albeit that I really don’t have much that I can say.

Going back through to January, this has been a hell of a difficult year for me. It started badly when I was sick right throughout the Christmas holiday period, and wasn’t really recovered when I went back to work in January. Since January this school year has been the most difficult, most pressurized I can ever remember – I won’t labour the point, but basically my school closes when it amalgamates with two other local schools one year from now, and none of us knew whether we would in fact get jobs in the new school. Add to the fact that the school underwent an inspection as well. Meanwhile, at home we had the difficulties of two of my daughters splitting up with their partners, and coming to live with us again. Pip brought my grandson Ollie with her – and don’t get me wrong, I was delighted about that because that young man is the apple of my eye – and Jen gave birth to my granddaughter Amelia a little while after moving back with us. Now, my grandchildren are nothing but a joy – but you can understand this has been a very difficult and trying period.

Well, the school passed through the inspection with flying colours, which is ironic considering we’re closing, and thankfully I have a job in the new school. Pip and Jen are renting a house together and have moved out, but it’s literally 3 streets away so I can see Ollie and Meemo (Amelia) any time I want to. So what my grandmother always said does actually seem true – it’ll all come out in the wash, and things have a habit of working out in the long run.

Now, I haven’t actually fallen out of love with quizzing – far from it, and I always said that writing LAM was never a chore for me, but a labour of love. But the fact is that things that have happened since January , some of which I’ve tried to explain above, have just left me mentally shattered and exhausted. I would hate to be writing LAM, and begrudging doing it. So it wasn’t actually a conscious decision to stop writing – more a question of waiting until I had something which I felt was worth saying. The return of UC and OC seemed the perfect opportunity.

So I am sorry if you’ve missed LAM, and ask for your understanding. Thanks.


And now, back to the quizzes. 

9 comments:

Dan said...

That's a lot to deal with, glad to see you back. Ironically, I was somewhere just last night where the discussion turned to what had happened to you to stop you blogging.

Jack said...

Good to see you back Dave.

Londinius said...

Thanks guys!

brencar said...

Good to see you back. Really missed your new quiz!

brencar said...

That should have read "news quiz"!!

Londinius said...

Hi Brencar

That'll be back soon :D

Adam "Addy" Lewis said...

I was tempted to send an email asking if the blog was returning but felt it might be a bit intrusive of me to do so, and suspected it was likely life being complicated as it so often is. I did however check in occasionally and suspected that the new run of quizzes (Mastermind surely can't be far behind in starting again) might bring new writing. Glad to see that I was right!

Gavin Tillman said...

Welcome back. My weekends haven't been the same lately. Mgls everything seems to be working out.

Gavin Tillman said...

Can't type. That should have read "glad everything..."