Wednesday 12 May 2010

Congratulations Rob !

Enjoying this series of A Question of Genius a lot, not least because there's been so many familiar faces in the last couple of days. Special congratulations to my friend Rob Hannah, though. Rob you may recall shared runner up spot in this year's Brain of Britain with Anne Hegerty and myself.I can personally attest to Rob's buzzer speed, so in many ways he is made for a show like this, and it will take some performance to beat him. He's won Tuesday's and today's show, and you would be a brave man to bet against him tomorrow as well. Good on yer, Rob !

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Dave,

I don't think I played very well in any of my shows and consider myself fortunate to have won but everything seems so much quicker at the time than it does when I watch it back - the consequence being that I (and all the other contestants) end(s) up making silly mistakes that look even sillier from my armchair than they felt at the time.

But the money (which bought me the laptop upon which I am typing this message) softens the blow somewhat.

Ewan M said...

As I posted on another site it was an excellent performance by Rob, a very worthy winner of the last couple of shows, but I couldn't help feeling sorry for Keith in the pressure round when Kirsty completely mangled the question on hallmarks. I assume she meant to ask "A three-towered castle is the hallmark of which of the 4 British Assay offices?", but what she actually said was the nonsensical "A three-towered castle is the hallmark of which 4 British you-say offices?" This came early in Keith's pressure round and can only have added to the pressure and quite possibly thrown him off his stride. At the very least it certainly wasted some of Keith's valuable time. It's not the first time I've heard Kirsty mangle a question out of all recognition, but when she does so during the vital pressure round the producers should intervene, reset the clock and restart with a new question.

Enjoying your blog. Keep up the good work...

Londinius said...

Hi Rob

Congratulations again!

Hello Eugene

Thanks for your kind words about the blog. I watched the show again on the iplayer, and you're absolutely right, she really did make a Belgium of that question.In fact I'm really susprised that they didn't edit it out of the show.

Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment

Dave