Saturday, 15 August 2026

Mastermind First Round Heat 5 Preview

Mastermind is back on Monday (until the next time it is taken off on a scheduler’s whim). The specialist subjects are:-

Iron Maiden

Transport for London Moquette

The films of Paul Newman

Herge’s Tintin books

There really isn’t what you’d call a banker for me there – I suppose Paul Newman films offers the best chance of 1 or 2. Transport for London Moquette really intrigues me. I have always loved the London Underground but all I know about TFL moquette is what I’ve seen in features in Tim Dunne’s fine “Secrets of the London Underground” TV series. So I’m going to google it and who knows, maybe even make a set of questions. Bearing in mind the title of the subject, are they only including moquette used since the creation of Transport For London in 2000, or from previous eras – LRT, LT etc. ? Well, we’ll find that out on Monday.

No comments: