In the News
Who Or What are the following and why have they been in the news?
1. Hannah and Sean Gastonguay
3. Daniel Rosenthal
4. Erica Kacicova
5. Vitaly Milonov
6. Owen Morris
7. Ron Freeman
8. Colin Fleming
9. Trevor Storer
10. David McLetchie
12. Laszlo Csatary
13. James ‘Whitey’ Bulger
14. Amantle Montsho
15. Nate Silver
16. Michelle McCollum Connolly and Melissa Reid
17. Jon Brookes
18. Rickie Lambert
19. Dean Porter
20. Mick Deane
21. Joan Edwards
22. Stuart Wheeler
23. John Goss
24. Tony Eggington
25. Marion Bartoli
26. Sergey Kovalev
27. Darren Barker
28. Carmelo Flores
29. United Learning
30. Chris Hallam MBE
In Other News
1. Who was named Forbes Magazine highest TV earner ?
2. Which supermarket chain was attacked by the Labour party over claims about the use of’cheap immigrant labour’?
3. Who will step down after the next General Election to provide Boris Johnson with a safe seat?
4. Which media tycoon’s widow passed away last week?
5. Which disgraced former MP was appointed European manager of Zilkha Biomass Energy?
6. What was banned on trains and platforms last week by several rail companies?
7. Which spectacular meteor shower passed last week?
8. What was the score in the Community Shield ?
9. Who was the runner up in the men’s 100m at the world championships ?
10. Who scored his third century of the Ashes series in the 4th test?
11. Which water company asked for permission for a one-off rise in prices above the rate of inflation by on average £29 , despite making over £1 billion profit last year?
12. What are the two most popular names for newborns?
13. Whose 6 wickets in the fourth Ashes test gave England the win, and an unbeatable 3-0 lead in the series?
14. Which TV presenter found his new beard criticized last week?
15. Name the British athlete, a potential medalist, who was injured in the women’s 400m hurdles final in the World Championships
16. What was the score in the Northern Ireland v. Russia football match?
17. It was announced last week that who has been charged with 11 counts of indecent assault and one of sexual assault ?
18. What is the level of the new ‘on the spot fine’ for hogging the middle lane on a motorway?
19. Which World Athletics gold medal winner spoke in support of Russia’s anti gay laws?
20. Last week the US Government finally admitted the existence of what?
21. Which Coronation Street actor was suspended over a series of foul mouthed raps?
22. All five Respect Party councilors in Bradford resigned from the party last week over what?
23. Which racing circuit was sold off last week?
24. Which british runner became only the second teenager after Usain Bolt to run 200m in less than 20 seconds during the world championships last week?
25. Britain’s women took 4x100m bronze after which team were disqualified during the world championships?
26. How many medals did GB win in Moscow to reach their pre championship target?
27. What action was taken by Spanish fishermen last week?
1. Couple who were lost at sea after trying to leave USA on a boat , rescued and flown home.
2. Village in County tyrone where a controversial Republican march passed peacefully
3. Paranoid schizophrenic convicted of murder who went missing from Tatchbury Mount Hospital
4. Missing Sheffield 13 year old
5. Architect of Russia’s Anti Gay laws – branded Stephen Fry as ‘sick’
6. Ex of Brooke Magnanti – “Belle du Jour” – claimed that a lot of the exploits in the book are made up
7. Man who broke the record for the longest Worthing Birdman competition flight, but could not claim the £10,000 prize for a 100m flight ( he flew 106m) because winds took him sideways, and he only went ‘forward’ 63 metres
8. Andy Murray’s Doubles partner. They lost in the final of the Montreal Open
9. Founder of Pukka Pies – passed away
10. Former leader of Scottish Conservatives, passed away from cancer - 61
11. 38 year old penguin – world’s oldest – in Birdland, Gloucs
12. World’s most wanted Nazi – died ,98, just weeks before his trial
13. US Mobster found guilty last week, facing rest of his life behind bars
14. Runner who lost to Christine Ohuruogu in a photo finish for the women’s 400m in the World championships in Moscow
15. US Pollster who has predicted failure for the Yes campaign in the Scottish independence referendum
16. Two women held in Peru accused of attempting to smuggle £1.5 million of cocaine out of the country
17. Drummer with the Charlatans – passed away aged 44
18. Scored the winner in England’s 3 – 2 win over Scotland
19. He egged Ed Milliband
20. Sky cameraman shot dead in Egypt
21. The lady who left her fortune for ‘the government’ of the day – which created a storm last week
22. UKIP treasurer accused of sexism last week
23. Ryanair “Whistleblower” pilot who appeared on Channel Four ‘Dispatches’
24. Mayor of Mansfield told not to wear his chains of office by a section of the council
25. Wimbledon champion who has announced her retirement at 28 years of age
26. He won the WBO world light heavyweight title from Nathan Cleverley
27. He defeated champion Daniel Geale to win the IBF world Middleweight title
28. Peruvian farmer claimed to be 123 years old, the world’s oldest ever person
29. Britain’s biggest academy chain, offering 5% over the government’s public sector pay ceiling
30. All time great paralympian athlete, passed away last week
In Other News
1. Simon Cowell
3. John Bercow
4. Robert Maxwell’s wife Betty
5. Chris Huhne
8. Man Utd. 2 – Wigan Athletic – 0
9. Justin Gatlin
10. Ian Bell
11. Thames Water
12. Harry and Amelia
13. Stuart Broad
14. Jeremy Paxman
15. Perri Shakes-Drayton
16. 1 – 0 win for Northern Ireland
17. Dave Lee Travis
19. Yelena Isinbayeva
20. Area 51
21. Chris Fountain
22. George Galloway’s intention to stand as a candidate in the election for the Mayor of London
24. Adam Gemili
27. They blockaded Gibraltar