In the News
Who or What are the following and why have they been in the news?
1. Baroness Ashton
2. Lord Howell of Guildford
3. Ruta Meilutyte
4. Doreen Lawrence
5. Paul Lamb
6. Daniel Pelka
7. Magdelena Luczak and Mariusz Krezolek
8. Peter Cruddas
10. Gary Hunt
11. Kelly Clarkson
12. Aamir Liaquat Hussain
13. Jim Messina
14. Teresa Cooper
15. Lower Stumble
17. Beuverie Express
In Other News
1. Which two supermarkets announced that they will not sell lads mags unless they are packaged in ‘modesty bags’?
2. Which musician passed away aged 74?
3. 3 million people celebrated mass where with Pope Francis?
4. Which club did Hull beat in their Challenge Cup semi final?
5. What was the final score in the women’s Euro final?
6. Who won the Hungarian GP?
7. Who has applied to follow a Political Science course at Oslo University?
8. Who was stripped of the title of Companion of the Order of the Bath?
9. Who were divorced on the 31st July?
10. Of which of his 19 charges was Bradley Manning found Not Guilty?
11. Which BBC programme was criticized for breaching the BBC’s product code?
12. What is Britain’s new national animal?
13. The High Court ruled that cuts at which hospital are unlawful?
14. Who won a legal battle with Top Shop?
15. The speech prepared for the Queen in which eventuality was revealed last week?
16. What profession or occupation is to be made illegal?
17. The estate of which writer failed to defend a copyright case in court last week?
18. Who announced that she is to miss the athletics world championships in Moscow?
19. Who is taking temporary charge of the England under 21 football team?
20. Who has been granted temporary asylum in Russia?
21. In an eBay poll, what has been voted the worst fashion item of all time?
22. Who became a father at the age of 71?
23. Whose conviction for tax fraud was upheld?
24. Who was accused of vote rigging on a monumental scale?
25. What rose above the price at which the Government bought the majority of its shares?
26. What was the score between Swansea and Malmo in the Europa League?
27. Who will compere the next Oscar ceremony?
28. What was Michael Clarke’s score in the first innings of the third Ashes test?
29. The world record for what was lowered to 7.36 seconds last week?
30. Who did Forbes Magazine announce as the highest paid woman in Hollywood last week?
31. £90 million worth of jewellery was stolen from a hotel room in which country ?
32. Which magazine is the subject of a special exhibition at the Museum of London?
33. What is the venue for the 3rd Ashes Test?
Who or what are the following and why have they been in the news?
1. European foreign minister allowed to meet Muhammad Morsi
2. Tory peer caused storm by saying that fracking should be allowed in the ‘desolate’ North East
3. Plymouth based swimmer won world 100m breaststroke, setting new world record in semi
4. Mother of Stephen, to become a Labour Peer
5. The High Court rejected his pleas for assistance to commit suicide
6. Murdered 4 year old
7. Mother and step father of Daniel Pelka, jailed for 30 years for his murder
8. Former Tory Party Treasurer said that Cameron made him feel like an outlaw over Sunday Times libellious allegations
9. Energy company that made £1.5 billion profit from winter freeze
10. Won silver in the world high diving championship
11. US singer refused permission to take a ring that had once been owned by Jane Austen out of the country
12. Pakistan talk show host criticized for giving away abandoned children on his game show
13. Obama’s election guru, now working on 2015 election campaign for David Cameron
14. She publically berated her son on Facebook after his conviction and 12 month community order. He had complained that the local paper publishing his photo without his permission was a breach of human rights. She told him that he had breached the human rights of the people he stole from. He went on to block her.
15. West Sussex site of contentitious drilling
16. Company drilling in West Sussex
17. The French ministry of Culture insist that this phrase must replace the franglais phrase – le binge –drinking.
In Other News
1. Tesco and Co-op
3. Copocabana Beach
4. Warrington RL
5. Germany 1 – Norway -0
6. Lewis Hamilton
7. Andres Breivik
8. Vicky Price
9. Nigella Lawson and Charles Saatchi
10. Aiding the enemy
11. Countryfile – prominent display of Rab outwear
15. Nuclear War being declared
16. Unlicensed Private Detectives
17. Conan Doyle
18. Jessica Ennis-Hill
19. Roy Hodgson
20. Edward Snowden
21. Shell Suit
22. Peter Stringfellow
23. Silvio Berlusconi
24. Robert Mugabi
25. Lloyds bank
26. 4 - 0
27. Ellen DeGeneres
29. Solving a Rubik’s Cube
30. Angelina Jolie
32. The Radio Times
33. Old Trafford