Who or what are the following and why have they been in the news ?
1. Natalie Harrison
2. Eli Alfred
3. Seamus Heffernan
5. Spirit of Chartwell
6. Ursula Katherine
7. Helen Johnstone
8. Danny Welbeck
9. Gary Cahill
10. Dirk Kuyt
11. Leanne Mitchell
12. Ricky Martin
13. Alex Cassie
14. Tintin in America
15. Mike Hall
16. Jean de Villiers
17. Martin Kelly
18. Abu Yahya al Libi
19. Wii u
20. Scott Walker
21. Close Protection UK
22. Dr. Riad Hajib
23. David Ferrer
24. Dorothy Richards and Marjorie Ruddle
25. Simon Berkowitz
26. Herb Reed
27. Aaron Cook
28. Rocco Magnotta
29. Solar Impulse
In Other News
1. Who was allowed leave to remain in Libya last week ?
2. Which fast food founder’s long lost autobiography is going to be published ?
3. What is troubled Spanish banking group Bankia offering to entice young savers to keep their accounts open ?
4. In which Midlands town was there a minor earthquake last week ?
5. Theresa May ordered a new inquiry into what ?
6. The Republic of Ireland voted yes in a referendum on what ?
7. Who sold his Money Saving Expert website last week for £87 million ?
8. The father of which Oscar winning actress is being investigated over alleged bigamy ?
9. Who quite Sale RFC to work with England ?
10. How many substitutes will clubs in the Football League be allowed next season ?
11. Who was given a life sentence for complicity in the murder of 850 protestors ?
12. What was the score in the England v Belgium friendly football match ?
13. Name the father and son trainer and jockey combination that won the Derby with Camelot
14. What was the score in the Wales v. Barbarians match ?
15. What did the Queen’s Englsih Society announce last week ?
16. Which two Hollywood stars began a court case over failed investments ?
17. Which Welsh town has welcomed back traffic wardens after a year’s absence ?
18. The Duke of Edinburgh was hopitalised for which reason ?
19. – and in which hospital ?
20. Tiger Woods equaled Jack Nicklaus record number of PGA tour wins. In which event – and how many wins ?
21. Which group performed on the roof of Buckingham Palace for the Jubilee ?
22. Which supermarket was accused of using beef from cows raised on illegally forested rain forest land ?
23. Near which African city did a plane crash occur ?
24. – and which airline was involved ?
25. What was the score in the Scotland v. Australia rugby match ?
26. Which police inspector is to be brought out of retirement ?
27. Which sci fi author passed away aged 91 ?
28. How many years will it be until the next transit of Venus ?
29. According to a survey what is the most reliable family car ?
30. A Japanese dock, washed away in last year’s tsunami, was washed ashore where ?
31. Who has said that he will not stand as Mitt Romney’s running mate ?
32. Who qualified as an operational search and rescue captain ?
33. Who announced his retirement from politics ?
34. Name the two players making their debut for England in the rugby union test against the Springboks
1. She has claimed that Sir Ranulph Fiennes staged accidents for a TV show
2. New baby son of Chris Evans
3. Jockey who won the Oaks
4. Horse that he won the race on
5. Royal Barge the Queen used for Jubilee River Pageant on the Thames
6. Floating belfry on same
7. British aid worker freed in Afghanistan by SAS
8. Scorer of England goal v. Belgium
9. Broke jaw in same match
10. Left Liverpool FC to join Fehnerbace
11. Winner of BBC’s The Voice
12. Winner of BBC’s The Apprentice
13. Passed away , master forger for the real Great Escape
14. Became the most expensive comic book ever
15. Won the Round the World Cycle race in 92 days
16. Captain of the Springboks rugby team
17. Drafted into England Euro squad to replace Gary Cahill
18. Al Queda 2nd in command killed in drone attack
19. New Nintendo games console unveiled last week
20. Governor of Wisconsin, first US Governor ever to win a recall election
21. Security firm criticized for the way it treated volunteers and jobseekers it used for jubilee stewards
22. New PM of Syria
23. Defeated Andy Murray in quarter finals of the French Open
24. The world’s oldest sisters
25. Criminal with over 250 convictions, has just been convicted again
26. Founder member of the Platters who passed away
27. World No. 1 controversially left out of GB Taekwondo team for the Olympics
28. Porn star accused of being ‘killer cannibal’
29. Solar powered airplane that flew from Spain to Morocco
Answers to the Other news
1. Saif al Asif Gaddafi
2. Colonel Saunders
3. A free Spiderman towel
5. The Murder of Stephen Lawrence
6. The European Fiscal Treaty
7. Martin Lewis
8. Rhys Witherspoon
9. Andy Farrell
11. Hosni Mubarak
12. 1 – 0
13. Aidan and Joseph O’Brien
14. Wales win 30 – 21
15. It was winding up due to lack of interest
16. Steven Baldwin and Kevin Costner
18. A bladder infection
19. King Edward VII
20. In the Memorial – 73 wins
24. Dana Air
25. Scotland won 9 – 6
27. Ray Bradbury
29. Toyota Corolla
31. Jeb Bush
32. The Duke of Cambridge
33. Nicholas Sarkozy
34. Joe Marler and Tom Johnson