Who or what are the following, and why have they been in the news ?
2) The Canterville Ghost
4) Priscilla Chan
5) Chen Guancheng
6) David Price
7) Jenna Talackova
8) Carina Trimingham
9) Hugh Robertson
10) Eugene Polley
11) Phil Dowson
14) Jonathan Ive
15) Alesha Ahmed
16) Pastora Soler
17) Love Will Set You Free
18) Alan Oakley
20) Tokyo Skytree
21) Falcon 5
22) Adrian Beecroft
23) Georgia Davis
In Other News
1) Which welsh town became the world’s first wikipedia town ?
2) The G8 Meeting last week took place where ?
3) What breed is Britain’s Got Talent winner Pudsey ?
4) Who died in Libya ?
5) In pounds what was the flotation vallue of Facebook ?
5) The italian earthquake between Modena, Ferrara and Bologna was which force on the Richter scale ?
6) How many wickets were taken by Stuart Broad in the first test ?
7) Which team won the Championship play off final ?
8) Which team won promotion back into the Football League ?
9) What was the final score in the Heineken Cup Final ?
10) What punged the German town of Hamelin into darkness ?
11) Whose Brighton Beach house was saved last week ?
12) Which part of Britain’s road system celebrated its 40th birthday last week ?
13) A British company tried to auction off what last week, but were prevented ?
14) Kevin Pietersen was fined for his tweet about whom ?
15) Who told Jeremy Paxman how to hack into someone’s phone messages ?
16) Free elections were being held for the first time in which country ?
17) Which country has withdrawn its ambassador from Azerbaijan over the Eurovision Song Contest ?
18) What punishment did Joey Barton receive last week ?
19) Why has an AQA GCSE paper received heavy criticism ?
20) Who took pole position for the Monaco Grand Prix ?
21) Who is the only british woman tennis player to qualify for the French Open ?
22) Which is the world’s most valuable brand ?
23) Which is the UK’s most valuable brand ?
24) Who have abandoned their sponsorship of a well known literary prize ?
25) Whose ashes were taken to the International Space Station ?
1) Gary Barlow’s song for the Diamond Jubilee
2) Film which will reunite Fry and Laurie
3) Spanish Bank in dire straits
4) Married Mark Zuckerberg last week
5) Blind chinese dissident finally arrived in USA
6) Won British Heavyweight Boxing championship
7) Transsexual who entered Miss Universe Canada
8) Lover of Chris Huhne lost privacy case in the High Court
9) Minister for the Olympic Games
10) Inventor of the TV remote control , passed away
11) Captain of England RFU team v. Barbarians
12) Home of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle under threat of being turned into town houses
13) Name of one of the Queen’s dogs
14) Apple designer received knighthood from the Queen
15) Claimed in high court that she watched her parents murder her sister Shafilea
16) Spanish singer claimed she hoped that she does not win Eurovision because Spain cannot afford to stage the contest next year if she does
17) Title of UK entry to Eurovision sung by Engelbert Humperdinck
18) Inventor of Raleigh Chopper, passed away
19) New name of Yell.com – online yellow pages
20) World’s tallest free standing tower
21) First ever private mission to the International Space Station
22) Businessman whose report recommends scrapping unfair dismissal laws
23) 63 stone teen whose house had to be partially demolished to allow emergency services to take her to hospital
In Other News
2) Camp David
3) Bichon Frise cross
4) Abdel Basset al-Megrahi
5) £66 billion
7) West Ham
8) York City
9) Leinster42 – Ulster 14
10) Ironically a plague of rats destroyed power cables
11) Dave Gilmour
12) Spaghetti Junction – Gravelly Hill Interchange
13) A vial of Ronald Reagan’s blood
14) Nick Knight
15) Piers Morgan
18) 12 match ban
19) Because it asked why some people are prejudiced against jews
20) Mark Webber – Michael schumacher was fastest, but was penalised 5 grid places for infringements in the previous race
21) Heather Watson
23) Vodafone ( 12th in the world)
25) 307 people including James Doohan – Scotty from Star Trek