Who or what are the following, and why have they been in the news ?
2) Buzz Cody
3) Paolo Gabriele
4) Ashley Young
5) Baroness Warsi
9) The Angels’ Share
10) Ryder Hesjedal
11) Jacqueline Woodhouse
12) American Grown
14) Peter Trelawney
15) Lucian Bute
17) Anton Zigurevitch
18) Virginie Razzano
20) Johnny Tapia
21) Phil Jagielka
22) Andy Schleck
23) Eddie Shah
24) Wayne Comben and Graeme Pullen
25) Madeleine Miller
26) Julian Ponder and Rachael Dougall
27) Kemar Roach
28) Mick and Mariaid Philpott
29) Nick Compton
In Other News
1) Which country’s group of singing grannies came second in the Eurovision with “Party for Everybody” ?
2) - and how many points did poor old Engelbert actually score ?
3) Chris Coleman managed which national side for the first time last week ?
4) What was the score in the English Aviva Premiership final ?
5) Which team won the Women’s FA Cup Final ?
6) What is the new British Heptathlon record, and who set it ?
7) Which team won the League One play off ?
8) Which team won the League Two play off ?
9) Who won the Monaco Grand Prix ?
9) Who won the PGA to go top of the world rankings in golf ?
10) What was the score when England played the Barbarians ?
11) What was the score in the Rabo Direct Pro 12 final ?
12) Which 39 year old failed to qualify for the Olympics last week ?
13) Who won the BAFTAs for the Best Actor and Actress ?
14) - and for their roles in which show did they receive them ?
15) Scotland lost 5 – 1 at football to which country ?
16) Who lit the Olympic torch on top of Mount Snowdon ?
17) What was revealed to have been Britain’s most complained about advert ever ?
18) Which town was revealed to be Britain’s safest for cyclists ?
19) What was revealed as the British public’s favourite album of the last 60 years ?
20) What will be Aung San Suu Kyi’s first overseas destination ?
21) Which country did the Barbarians defeat 29 – 28 ?
22) Who was sentenced to 104 days community service for failing to pay child support ?
23) What did Bob Dylan receive this week ?
24) Richard Hammond was heavily criticised for his use of which word in an article ?
25) The National Trust this week said whose birthplace isn’t worth saving ?
26) Which US reality TV star this week accused Heathrow airport baggage handlers of theft ?
27) For how long was Charles Taylor jailed this week ?
28) Who is the new manager of Liverpool FC ?
29) Which team won the English rugby championship final ?
30) When has the doctors’ strike been scheduled ?
31) Whose campaign team spelled America – Americia ?
32) Which footballer was cleared of sexual assault charges ?
33) Who has resigned from the England limited overs cricket team ?
34) What will the League Cup be known as next season ?
35) Who denied that he ever called Jessica Ennis fat ?
1) Winner of the Eurovision Song Contest. She represented Sweden with the song Euphoria.
2) New son of Frank Skinner and Cath Mason
3) The Pope’s butler, arrested for illegally possessing secret documents
4) Scorer of England’s goal v. Norway
5) Tory peer who may face an expenses inquiry
6) Winner of BAFTA for Best Drama
7) Syrian town, scene of horrific massacre
8) Michaele Haneeke film that won Palme d’Or at Cannes
9) Film by Ken Loach which won the Prix Grand Jury at Cannes
10) Won the Giro d’Italia
11) Jailed for racist rant on tube train
12) New book by Michelle Obama
13) Italian town hit by earthquake
14) Radio 3 journalist arrested in Zimbabwe on a charge of working without a permit
15) Boxer who lost his world super middleweight title to Carl Froch
16) Horse that won the Irish 1000 Guineas
17) New owner of Reading FC
18) She knocked Serena Williams out in the first round of the French Open
19) Computer virus in Middle East
20) US boxer – triple world champion, passed away
21) Drafted into England Euro squad due to Frank Lampard’s injury
22) Belatedly awarded yellow jersey for 2010 Tour de France after Alberto Contador disqualification upheld
23) Former newspaper proprietor charged with sexual assault on girl
24) Caught the biggest shark ever caught off the coast of Britain – a porbeagle
25) Winner of the Orange Prize for The Song of Achilles
26) Facing possible death sentence for drug smuggling in Indonesia
27) West Indies fast bowler out of tour through injury
28) Charged with the murder of their 6 children after house fire
29) Grandson of Dennis Compton – narrowly missed scoring 1000 runs in May
In Other News
4) Harlequins 30 – Leicester 23
5) Birmingham City beat Chelsea on penalties
6) 6,906 – Jessica Ennis
8) Crewe Alexandra
9) Luke Donald
10) 57 – 36 England
11) Ospreys 31 – Leinster 30
12) Halie Gebreselassie
13) Dominic West and Emily Watson
14) Appropriate Adult
16) Sir Chris Bonnington
17) KFC – people talking with their mouths full
19) The Number of the Beast by Iron Maiden ( honestly !)
22) Dennis Rodman
23) The Presidential Medal of Freedom
25) Ringo Starr
26) Kim Kardashian
27) 50 years
28) Brendan Rodgers
29) London Welsh
30) 21st June
31) Mitt Romney
32) Titus Bramble
33) Kevin Pietersen
34) The Capital One Cup
35) Charles Van Comenee