Who or what are the following , and why have they been in the news ?
1) Eric Ryder
2) Keith Rumboldt
3) Nathan Yates
4) Amelia Hempleman Adams
5) HMS Ocean
6) Stephen Brooks
7) Mark Allen
8) Barry Morrow
9) Paul Evans
10) Gary Smith
11) Rod Blagojevitch
12) Asif Ali Zadari
13) Moshe Katsav
14) Emma West
15) James Ellington
16) Jay Lewis
17) Jenni Murray
18) Chris Ashton
19) Boris Nemtsov
20) Ben Madden
21) Leonora Sinclair
22) Gary McKinnon
23) Keppler 22b
24) Veena Malik
25) James Pryce
26) Colin Adams
27) Alan Savage
28) Michalina Lewandowska
29) Steph Warren
30) Stewart Simonson
31) Simon Beech and Garreth Foster
In Other News
1) Who won the Confucius prize - the Chinese equivalent of the Nobel Peace prize ?
2) Who has been given victory in the official results in the elections in the Democratic Republic of Congo ?
3) The BBC pulled an episode of which show featuring Jeremy Clarkson ?
4) What has finally been finished ?
5) Who has been granted a medical health tribunal to be held in public
6) Which 3 statues have been unveiled at the Emirates stadium ?
7) The last of what has been phased out in London ?
8) Which is David Cameron’s favourite soap opera ?
9) Which Oxford College is involved in a fight over its name ?
10) Where did the first all female RNLI rescue take place ?
11) What is the name of Putin’s political party , named the winners of the controversial Russian election ?
12) Who has resigned from the IOC ?
13) Manchester United fail to progress in the Champions League after defeat by whom ?
14) The UKs first rehab clinic for what has opened ?
15) Which UK town is Europe’s fastest growing tourist destination ?
16) Who had to apologise for mocking the death of a young man on Stronaway ?
17) Which film star was thrown off an American Airlines jet for playing a game on his iphone ?
18) IN which European country has the Prime Minister been named footballer of the year ?
19) The BBC has announce an end to which political broadcast ?
20) A branch of which chain last week announced Amelia Lily as the winner of the X Factor days before the final ?
21) 29 satellite dishes have been removed from what ?
22) Andrew Lansley announced a plan of how many steps for the NHS ?
23) Who has quit his cricket coaching role with Essex ?
24) What has been dismissed as a super food by the EU ?
25) What was closed to traffic due to overcrowding in the first week of December ?
26) In which EU country do people work the longest hours ?
27) Women are to allowed to serve in what for the first time in the Royal Navy ?
28) A £2 million monument to the Supermarine Spitfire is to be built where ?
29) Which tourist attraction has been bought by the council of Bad Frankenhausen in Germany for 85p ?
30) In which year did the late Dr. Scorates captain the ‘greatest team never to win the world cup’ in the world cup ?
Who or what are the following and why have they been in the news ?
1) A former employee of James Cameron , suing over his claim that Avatar was his idea
2) He killed his wife – suffering from Alzheimers – to spare her the indignity of hospital
3) Crime writer beaten by his girlfriend with a golf club
4) 16 year old daughter of David Hempleman Adams, who has become the youngest person ever to ski to the south pole
5) Ship returning from Libya, which sent home spoof video of “All I want for Christmas is you “ – huge internet hit.
6) Postal worker caught stealing penis enlargement pills from a package by his supervisor
7) Snooker player who made public criticism of Barry Hearn
8) Head of WJEC filmed giving away exam secrets at conference
9) Wanted in connection with death of landlady and her mother.Sighted in Calais, and then posted comment claiming innocence on Facebook
10) Head of Market Field School who said “God help any school in a worse state than mind “
11) Jailed in the US for trying to sell Obama’s former senate seat to the highest bidder
12) President of Pakistan who suffered suspected heart attack
13) Former president of Israel jailed for rape
14) IN court for the racist rant on a tram in Croydon
15) UK sprinter who has put himself on eBay for sponsorship
16) He refused community service sentence in Gloucester Crown Court as a waste of time, and instead accepted a night time curfew
17) Made a dame
18) Rugby player given four week ban for pulling hair of Manu Tuilagi
19) Russian opposition leader arrested
20) Killed on cycle when a deer jumped a barbed wire fence right into his path
21) Jailed for murdering her husband after a row about the TV
22) Alleged computer hacker at the centre of the US / UK extradition row
23) Possibly habitable planet discovered by NASA
24) Bollywood actress suing FHM India over alleged fake nude pictures
25) Duchess of Cambridge wedding hairdresser who has left salon to set up on own
26) British travel writer killed in scuffle in bar in Moscow
27) Boss of Inverness Caledonian Thistle , being sued by mistress Julie Ann Zeitel
28) She was tasered and buried alive by partner
29) Chief Examiner of Edexcel – boasted of setting easy exams
30) Former Chauffeur of Heather Mills made an illegal copy of her blue badge
31) Jailed for setting fire to mosque in Hanley , Stoke in 2010
32) World’s oldest dog, who died in japan aged 26 and 8 months
In Other News
1) Vladimir Putin
2) Laurent Kabila
4) Painting the Forth Bridge
5) Ian Brady
6) Herbert Chapman – Tony Adams – Thierry Henri
7) Bendy Bus
9) New College Oxford – challenging AC Grayling’s right to call his college the New College of Humanities
11) United Russia
12) Joao Havelange
16) Matthew Wright
17) Alec Baldwin
19) Budget Day Live
21) The BT Tower
23) Graham Gooch
24) Royal Jelly
25) Oxford Street
29) A church tower, which leans further than the more famous tower of Pisa
30) 1982 - Spain