Saturday 13 August 2011

RIP Robert Robinson

I was saddened this morning to see that Robert Robinson, broadcaster and writer, and for many years the chairman of Brain of Britain, has passed away. I've said before that the only disappointment about appearing in Brain of Britain for me was that Mr. Robinson had decided that his health would no longer permit him to take part - although Russell Davies did, and will continue to do an excellent job. so alas, I never actually met him myself.

I remember Robert Robinson mainly from watching "Ask the Family" when I was a kid, and then Points of View. He always struck me as a witty , dry chap, and at a time when genuine rather than manufactured personalities are in shorter supply on radio and television than ever, his passing is a cause of sadness. I am sure he will be missed, and my condolences go to his family, friends and those who were lucky enough to have known him.

2 comments:

Jack said...

Agreed Dave. Despite the fact he has been unwell recently, it's still very sad news. Condolences to his family.

joe said...

Sad for his family, of course. But Private Eye's nickname 'Smuggins' just about captured it for me. Owner of the most absurd comb-over since Bobby Charlton. R.I.P.