Here you go then, don't say I don't ever give you anything : -
Who or what are the following, and why are they in the news ?
1) Reverend Neil Carter
2) Liam Tancock
3) Colin Atkinson
4) David Mackay
5) Glynn and Gregor Morris
6) Jim Devine
7) Chai Patel
8) Hayley Wilkins
9) Michael Whitaker
10) Shem Davies
12) Francesca Ariani
13) Jake Davies
14) Ched Evans
15) Abigail Bannatyne
17) Madeleine Pulver
18) Jose Manuel Borroso
19) The White Shadow
20) Shaun Evans
21) Sean Price
22) Major General Keith Cima
23) Rhys Priestland
24) Myrtle Rose
25) Bill Bratton
26) Mark Duggan
27) Pauline Whitehouse
29) Rick Perry
30) Alastair Brownlee and Helen Jenkins
1) Who won the Hungarian Grand Prix ?
2) Name the other teams in England’s World Cup Qualifying group
3) The indian cricket team showed great sportsmanship over which England batsman’s dismissal as he walked off for the tea interval ?
4) Which part of Windsor Castle has just been reopened to the public ?
5) Who criticized modern comedians for being too offensive ?
6) Who have been criticized for being shown parking electric cars in disabled parking bays ?
7) 2nd August is the 150th anniversary of the first published what ?
8) Who finally took the blame for the ‘no hurricane’ prediction of 1987 ?
9) 2nd August – a group of illegal immigrants were apprehended trying to enter UK having stowed away in what ?
10) Who took 5 wickets in the Indian second innings of the second test ?
11) What was the name of the film actor grandfather of Toby Flood ?
12) Which footballer will be given a free transfer to anyone who will take him ?
13) Where did a plane belonging to which airline fall off the runway, with nobody seriously hurt ?
14) IN an LA Fitness survey, who were the best bodies – women – men ?
15) Who was Mike Tindall’s best man ?
16) Which department store have introduced their triple boost bra ?
17) Who is joining the TV series Family Guy – to play a dolphin ?
18) Who sang Happy Birthday to barack Obama on his 50th ?
19) Which country has created its own brand scent ?
20) Which TV Presenter was hit by a foam pie ?
21) Scientists claim to have found what on Mars ?
22) Which former world champion was in court accused of attacking her former husband ?
23) Who is the new manager of Brentford FC ?
24) Heather Mills claimed that she has been hacked by which newspaper ?
25) Which team did Fulham beat in the qualifiers for the Europa League ?
26) Which team knocked Rangers out of the European Champions League ?
27) Which Leicester centre made his debut for England RFU v. Wales ?
28) From which country is Noriega being extradited to his native Panama ?
29) Which films tar is facing eviction from her home in New York ?
30) Which Holiday firm went bust, stranding holiday makers in Turkey particularly ?
31) ON which island did the polar bear attack happen
32) Who crashed his Mclaren F1 sports car ?
33) Which company have been given provisional permission to drill for oil in the Beaufort Sea ?
34) The Bratz toy doll company won $309 million damages from whom ?
35) Who was taken to hospital after having a pizza thrown in his eye by Sooty ?
36) Which 73 year old novelist died ?
37) What is the venue for this year’s USPGA ?
38) Which horse racing competition pitted teams from Ireland , The UK, and the Rest of the World ?
39) Score – England v. Wales at Twickenham ?
40) A man was shot dead by police near which station in London ?
41) What celebrated its 20th anniversary on 7th August ?
42) Where were Victorian beachhuts destroyed in an arson attack ?
43) Which town is making its own Hollywood style walk of fame ?
44) Which of his sponsors have announced that they have just ended their association with Tiger Woods ?
45) What was the final score in the Community Shield ?
46) Which team did Leeds beat in their Challenge Cup semi final ?
47) Which team did Wigan beat in their Challenge Cup semi final ?
Answers in a few days' time