Hot on the heels of last week's answers, here's the latest batch : -
Who or what are the following, and why are they in the news ?
1) Diana Nyad
2) Adam Scott
3) Lt. Cdr Sarah West
4) S and P ( Standard and Poor )
5) Lobsang Sangay
6) Shereka Leigh
7) Warren Jeffs
8) Kevin Anderson
9) Yamile Aldama
10) Mustafa Abdel Jalil
11) Howard Riddle
12) Azyraf Mossli
13) Monica Kancyk
14) Ghazanfar Ali
15) Alexis Bailey
16) Laura Johnson
17) Bay House School, Gosport
18) HTV-2 Falcon
19) Red necked phalarope
20) Shara Nelson
21) Geraldine Lynton Edwards
22) Charla Nash
23) Howard Johnson
24) Suzanne Harrison
25) Stephen Hopson
26) Aaron Bibner
27) Jonathan Knowle
28) Elijah McDermott
29) Liam Bretherton
30) Pretty Green
31) Steve Mullings
32) Dr. Jane Horsey
33) Tony Osborne
34) Rhiannon Brookesbank Jones
35) Don Wales
In Other News
1) Whose government report says kids should all study maths until they are 18 ?
2) Where did the world’s longest guided busway open ?
3) What is being used as a temporary art gallery in Llafrynach, near Brecon ?
4) Abbotsbury swannery using what to keep out foxes ?
5) Most common foreign language needed for jobs in Britain ?
6) Soldiers from which regiment accused of cutting fingers from dead Taliban fighters as trophies
7) Whose flagship was found off the coast of Panama
8) Which 69 year old TV chef died ?
9) Who came in the third test for the injured Jonathan Trott ?
10) Which 74 year old racehorse trainer retired ?
11) Which journalist was beaten on his way home from reporting on the riots ?
12) An extra edition of which TV show was shown on August 11th
13) What did Connie Fisher announce ?
14) What washed up on the beach in Lynmouth ?
15) Flights were briefly grounded when a grenade was found near which airport ?
16) Newsweek courted controversy by featuring a cover photo with whom showing ‘staring eyes ‘ ?
17) Which anniversary did the Mr. Men have this week – who was the first Mr. Man ?
18) A test event in which sport took place in Horseguards Parade ?
19) Who performed a citizen’s arrest on a looter outside his Notting Hill home ?
20) Which celebrity chef was threatened at knife point in his own Manchester restaurant ?
21) Inmates in California jails have been banned from ?
22) Claimed on a spoof BBC news page ?
23) Who accused Cameron of violent repression of peaceful protestors ?
24) Which company announced that it will not show its latest advert which did feature scenes of rioting ?
25) Wales football team lost friendly to ?
26) Which welsh walk is number 3 in a list of the world’s top 10 walks ?
27) Which country launched their first ever aircraft carrier ?
28) Who was bowled in the first ball of the third test ?
29) Who shot a record equaling round of 63 in the first round of the USPGA ?
30) Who were the first Mr. Man and Little Miss ? The Mr. Men are 40 years old, and the little Misses 20.
31) Which landmark closes for restoration in October ?
32) What was the final total of Alastair Cook’s innings in the third test ?
33) Where will author Tony Parsons be taking up a week’s position as writer in residence ?
34) Which anniversary is being marked in Germany this weekend ?
35) In which state will prospective republican presidential candidates be taking part in a straw pole this weekend ?
36) Whose report for the government recommended all children study maths to the age of 18 ?
37) Which indian batsman was out first ball of the third test ?
38) Which 2 giant Japanese corporations are set to merge ?
39) Who announced plans for a free wi – fi network ?
40) Which MP made a gaffe by asking why rioting children and teenagers weren’t in school ?
41) Which Tottenham’s league fixture against whom was postponed due to the riots ?
42) Which magazine apologized after slimming down a photograph of the Duchess of Cambridge ?
43) Which 10 year old BBC drama is to come to an end ?
44) Which part of Rory McIlroy’s body did he injure in the first round of the USPGA ?
45) Spain has won the right to stop any more workers from which country entering Spain ?