Well, I did tell you that I was going to watch The Chase Across (a very small part of )The World again this week and I did. This second show, centred in Barcelona, answered a couple of questions I’d been wondering about since last week’s first episode.
The first question was this – will the couple who comes
first one week get any advantage in the next week, or is it just a case of
making sure that you don’t come last? Well, yes, there was an advantage.
Sisters Amy and Kati who were the first to find Bradders last week not only got
to start the show without having to answer a question correctly, they also got
to pick the order in which the others would be asked a question. This was
important. For if you answered correctly you could go and get on the cable car
to start your quest. If not you had to go to the back of the queue, wait until
the others had a go, then try another question. This was important because it
could mean a 9 minute delay to wait for another cable car. Which is what
happened to Dilan and Emily, even though they were not the last to be selected
to answer.
So the first challenge was similar t last week’s first
challenge. Asked which of these three artists – Pablo Picasso – Salvador ‘Hallo’
Dali and Joan Miro was born in Barcelona, they then had to go and find where that
artist was represented in a piece of street art. First of all Dilan and Emily
couldn’t find the one they wanted, then it was wrong anyway. Basically, they
used up so much time that their goose was cooked from this point.
Which brings me to the next question – after seeing the way
that the beat the Chasers finale went last week, I was wondering whether we
were going to see anyone going home. Unfortunately, Dilan and Emily just did
not have anything like the kind of General Knowledge to give the Chasers, Jenny
and Darragh, a realistic time target, and they proved that yes, we definitely
are going to see some of these couples going home. Which raises another
question. – If a couple is sent home in episode 1, then another in episode 2
and so on, doesn’t it mean that you would be left just 1 couple for the final?
What would happen in that eventuality? We know it can’t happen in this series
now, but if it is all kosher and above board, and I have no doubt that it is,
then it could have happened.
Well, I enjoyed the show again this week. It’s like
Destination X without the intriguing and clique-forming which got on my nerves
a bit anyway. I’m still on board.
No comments:
Post a Comment