Saturday, 25 July 2026

Mastermind Preview

Monday’s Mastermind Specialists are

Madness

Scottish Geologist James Hutton

The Films of Wes Anderson

The History of the Paris Metro

My banker? Well you can rule out Wes Anderson for a start. I just checked out his filmography and I haven’t seen any of them. But at least I’ve heard of Wes Anderson. I can’t say that the name of James Hutton meant anything at all to me until I just googled it.

Now, I do actually love underground railways, metros and subways. I’ve ridden on 20 or so across Europe and in New York. But . . . I can’t say that I know a huge amount about the history of the Metro. If I get time I will read the Wikipedia entry. But it maybe safer to go for Madness, even though that’s more a banker in the sense that I have a chance of 1 or 2, than I’ll get a hatful. Fun fact about Madness. For their Camden Town record cover they were actually photographed outside Chalk Farm underground station because Camden Town station was too busy. If that one comes up, you’re welcome.

No comments: