Sunday 18 February 2024

Mastermind 2024 Semi Final 1 Preview

Right, tomorrow’s semi final subjects are

Charlie Chaplin

Sydney Harbour Bridge

The TV drama series Happy Valley

Billie Jean King

I’m not sure who the four contenders will be, but we’ll deal with the racing form when I get to my review. So looking at the subjects:-

My banker subject is probably Charlie Chaplin. I’ve read his autobiography and several biographies of a man that I find fascinating. I’b be sad if I couldn’t get three or four points here.

Mind you, I do also have a thing about bridges. Love ‘em. No for nothing was my grand final subject the History of London Bridge. I don’t know anything like so much about Sydney Harbour Bridge but I hope I do know enough to get a couple.

Happy Valley? Sorry – same old story. Ever watched it and so expect nothing. Any poins would be a bonus.

Billie Jea King. Again, It’s the kind of iconic sportsperson (and person) round that leads me to hope that I know enough to get one or maybe 2.

No comments: