Sunday 24 December 2023

LAMMY Awards 2023 : Award for Achievement in Question Mastery

Right, I have searched my soul about the 2023 Award for the Best Achievement in Question Mastery. I know that I am leaving myself open to accusations of nepotism and favouritism in my nominations. I have played in two quizzes regularly in 2023, and two other quizzes. Starting with the others, the second was a quiz in Mumbles. Each round was interspersed with ‘you all have to join in’ Play Your Cards Right. Not a great evening. The first was in Aberdare, and it wasn’t bad. Not as good as the best quizzes in the rugby club. I’ve posted about the monthly film quiz in the Gwyn Hall, and the question masters do put a lot of time ad effort into it. But when you get right down to it, I don’t enjoy them as much as I do the quizzes in the rugby club. And I’m very sorry, but the best quizzes I the club this year have been done by

Dan Ayres

Jessica Ayres

Adam Cook –

who, incidentally, are all members of my team. Dan is my son in law, married to Jessica (my youngest daughter) and Adam is their good friend, who I am proud to say is also now my good friend. Dan won the LAMMY last year for his single handed revival of the music round. Jess has produced some fine quizzes – some which have been at quite short notice. But I think that the single quiz I have enjoyed most this year was Adam’s last one for the club. So the LAMMY award for the achievement in question mastery goes to

Adam Cook

Many congratulations, this is well deserved.

No comments: