Wednesday 30 March 2011

R.I.P. Winning Streak

Yes, the winning streak that I've been on about has finally shuffled off this mortal coil and joined the choir invisible. After ten weeks, and over 30 quizzes, last night we lost in the Duke of Wellington in Cowbridge. Albeit that there is the suspicion that the team who beat us didn't manage to do so by merely using conventional weapons, the fact remains that we lost, scoring 72/80 to their winning score of 74/80. I think its safe to say that we took it well , and limited ourselves to a relatively mild "If that score's kosher, then my *1"@k's a bloater."

Alright, so I'm sad its come to an end. But let's be honest, it was always going to, and the wonder is that its gone on for so long. I would far rather it happened last night, than next Monday, in the final of the Cup competition of the Bridgend league. Which is probably exactly what will happen now that I've jinxed myself by mentioning it. Superstitious ? Me ?

------------------

By the way, don't worry, I haven't forgotten about University Challenge. I shall be posting my review of semi final 2 as soon as I can. Watch this space.

No comments: