Sunday 26 July 2009

Thanks for your support

Its almost a year to the day since I started this blog. Checking back I see that the very first entry is dated for Sunday 27th July 2008. Now, here we are 364 days and 182 posts later, this being the 183rd. So I thought it would be nice to post to mark LAM's first anniversary.

I do look back over the past year with a huge amount of surprise, and there's more than one reason which makes me say this. Firstly, I have never in my whole life ever managed to keep anything even remotely resembling a diary going for more than about 2 months. Secondly, and far more importantly, I always hoped that some people would find the blog and read it, but I can't say that I ever really expected anyone to do so. The fact that people have done so, and that have taken time and trouble to contact me through it, or to leave comments has surprised and, yes, I'm honest enough to admit it, delighted me. So thank you very much all of you, regulars and casual readers alike. Here's to the next 12 months.

No comments: