Thursday 23 February 2023

The End of the Streak

I don’t know if I should tell you this. Promise me you won’t be upset. Right, my winning streak has come to an end. It began in August 2021, when I returned to the quiz in the rugby club. It ended last night in the Gwyn Hall Movie Quiz. It was Musicals this time, and despite the Herculean efforts of our Musicals expert Fran we lost by half of one point. In a strange way I’m not sorry that the streak is over. You honestly can’t win them all. If I’m sorry for anyone it’s Fran. She played a blinder last night, supplying more answers than the rest of us put together, by several degrees of magnitude as well. Me? I think I managed two last night. I mean, I knew more than 2 answers, but there were only two which the rest of the team didn’t know. I dredged up from the dump bin of memory that A Chorus Line was directed by Richard Attenborough, and I recognised Good Morning from Singing in the Rain being played backwards. Sometimes though, it’s not your night. Not quite.

No comments: