Wednesday 2 November 2022

My Mastermind Contender Database - could you help?

When I saw Mel on yesterday’s heat of Mastermind, I went to my database to check how many series he’s taken part in. This reminded me that it is incomplete. Using various sources my database is pretty complete on the original series and Radio Four Mastermind from 1972 until 2000. I’m also complete (I think) on the revived series from 2003 – 2019. I’m also complete with the 2021/22 season.

However, apart from finalists I have no records of the 2019/20 and the 2020/21 seasons. These coincided with my lost weekend period. Not an excuse, just the way that things were then.

So I’m just putting it out there. If anyone reading can help me add any names to the database who took part in either of these series, then could you please comment on this post? All I need would be the name, and how far the contender reached – first round/ semifinal/ final – although as I say I do already have the 6 finalists of both series. I know I’m unlikely to get a complete list but I’d be grateful for any names I could add to the database.

Likewise, I really haven’t been able to find out much about the contenders in Discovery Mastermind in 2001, and so any help that anyone could give me on this score would be gratefully received as well. Thanks in advance.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Dave

I was in the 2020-21 series and kept a record of the scores for all the heats and finals for that series. I can send a copy to the londinius yahoo email address if that is one you still use?

Regards

Ashton

Londinius said...

Hi Ashton - that would be amazing! Yes, londinius@yahoo.co.uk Thank you so much!

Paul Gilbert said...

Hi Dave,

I have e-mailed the 2019-20 contestants list.

Londinius said...

Paul, you are a diamond! Thank you so much.