In the News
Who Or What are the following and why have they been in the news?
1. Popsisil and Sock
2. Errani and Vinci
3. Zimonic and Stosur
4. Ariana Grande featuring Iggy Azalea
5. Tariq Khdeir
6. Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi
7. Fosse Court
9. Horatio Chapple
10. Francesco Beccheti
11. Sir Christopher Hohn and Jamie Cooper-Hohn
13. Baroness Butler-Sloss
14. Ray Whelan
15. Malcolm Ashton
In Other News
1. Who won the men’s final at Wimbledon?
2. – and the British GP?
3. – and the first stage of the Tour de France?
4. Who made his return to first class cricket last week?
5. Who crashed out of the Tour de France in the first stage?
6. What was the score in the World Cup Argentina v. Belgium ¼ final
7. – and Germany v. France?
8. Which former cabinet minister last week faced questions from the police over a historic rape allegation?
9. Where was a hoard of Roman and British coins found?
10. Which legendary footballer passed away after suffering a heart attack?
11. Who was unknowingly recorded using the C word about Kevin Pietersen?
12. Which African country qualified for the Rugby World Cup last week?
13. Which US state announced that it will also be legalizing marijuana last week?
14. Which sportsman, who was arrested on suspicion of assault, saw all charges against him dropped last week?
15. 5 scripts for the new series of which show were leaked online last week?
16. Which former Soviet politician, then leader of his own country passed away last week?
17. Who won the 3rd stage of the Tour de France which finished in the Mall?
18. Where were passengers evacuated from last week?
19. Which memorial was defaced last week?
20. Mark Cavendish requires surgery that means he is out of the Commonwealth Games. Which team would he have represented?
21. Ashley Cole signed for which team last week?
22. Who are Man Utd.’s new main shirt sponsor?
23. Which former Grand National winning jockey passed away last week?
24. A christian bakery in Northern Ireland last week faced a storm of criticism when they refused to bake a cake for a gay wedding featuring which two characters?
25. Which claim did Harriet Harman make last week about her career in politics?
26. Which country announced plans to build a rival to the Panama Canal?
27. Who rode through the Channel Tunnel before crashing out on stage 5 of the Tour de France?
28. Whose wearing of a Brazil shirt has been blamed for their 7 – 1 semi final defeat by Germany?
29. What was the result of the Argentina v. Netherlands world cup semi final?
30. Who was charged last week with pelting his neighbour’s house with rotten eggs?
31. Which hotel was hit by smash and grab raiders for the second time in 4 weeks?
32. Who lost his appeal to FIFA?
33. The world of competitive ballroom dancing announced it’s intention to impose which rule?
34. What were the odds offered by Paddy Power against a 7-1 win for Germany in the world cup semi final?
35. Where in the UK did a 4.2 earthquake strike?
36. Which former Archbishop of Canterbury backed assisted dying?
37. Who refused an apology from the Daily Mail?
Who or what are the following and why have they been in the news?
1. Winners of Wimbledon Men’s Doubles
2. – and Women’s doubles
3. – and mixed doubles
4. First UK number 1 calculated on figures including online streaming
5. US-Palestinian boy beaten up in Israel by what appear to be members of Israeli police
6. Head of ISIS
7. Leicester Nursing Home from which several staff were arrested
8. First satellite made in Scotland
9. Schoolboy tragically killed by polar bear whose inquest was held last week
10. He bought 90% of Leyton Orient from Barry Hearn
11. Couple taking part in what has been touted as Britain’s first ever £1 billion divorce
12. Word Prince Charles didn’t understand when it was pointed out that he had been quite buff in his youth
13. Sister of former Attorney General Sir Michael Havers whose appointment to head the Child Sex Enquiry has caused disquiet in some quarters
14. Head of Match Hospitality facing allegations of ‘illegal’ ticket sales during Brazil World Cup
15. Dropped as statistician from Test Match Special
16. New RAF fighter jet unveiled last week
In Other News
1. Novak Djokovic
2. Lewis Hamilton
3. Marcel Kittel
4. Andrew Fintoff
5. Mark Cavendish
6. 1 – 0 Argentina
7. 1 – 0 Germany
8. Leon Brittan
10. Alfredo di Stefano
11. Andrew Strauss
13. New York State
14. Amir Khan
15. Doctor Who
16. Edvard Shevardnadze
17. Marcel Kittel
18. Channel Tunnel
19. 7 – 7 Memorial
20. Isle of Man
23. Michael Scudamore
24. Bert and Ernie from Sesame Street
25. Gordon Brown had ‘sidelined’ her for being a woman
27. Chris Froome
28. Sir Mick Jagger – every team whose top he has worn have lost that match – he is the complete opposite of Paul the Psychic octopus from the last world cup
29. Argentina won 4 – 2 on a penalty shoot out
30. Justin Beiber
31. Dorchester Hotel
32. Luis Suarez
33. Same sex dancing will be banned
34. 500 - 1
35. Channel Islands
36. George Carey
37. George Clooney