In the News
Who or what are the following and why have they been in the news?
1. Elliot Rodger
2. Petro Poroshenko
3. Wojciech Jaruzelski
4. Bill Heffernan
5. Catherine Bearder
6. Guillermo Garcia Lopez
7. Dave Smith
8. Malavath Purna
9. Mario Pocchetino
10. Lord Oakeshott
11. Meriam Ibrahim
12. Matthew Saad Muhammad
13. Chris Jordan
16. Garbine Muguruza
17. Shoko Maru
18. Lord Rennard
19. Abdel Fattah al Sisi
20. George Hamilton
In Other News
1. Who won the Monaco GP?
2. In which position did the Lib Dems finish in the European elections
3. Who won the PGA?
4. What was the result of the Division 1 play off final?
5. – and the Heineken cup Final?
6. Which team won the Championship play off?
7. – and the Champions League?
8. Pfizer dropped their takeover bid for which company?
9. What was voted the nation’s favourite fairy tale?
10. What was the result of the League 2 play off final?
11. Who announced that he is saying his goodbye through his poetry?
12. Who announced that he is to sell Tracey Emin’s My Bed?
13. Which song did Rolf Harris sing a part of in court?
14. There were claims that attempts were being made to fix Scotland’s friendly match against which country?
15. Who was dumped out of the French Open just days after her engagement was broken?
16. Whose new British long jump record was finally ratified?
17. Name the two members of One Direction allegedly filmed smoking cannabis
18. Which finding of the British Social Attitudes Survey caused most headlines last week?
19. Name the owner of Man Utd. who passed away aged 85
20. Which celebrity announced that he is to appear on a celebrity version of the Jeremy Kyle show?
21. Maya Angelou passed away last week. What was the title of her first volume of autobiography?
22. Which company announced plans to build a self driving car?
23. Who had to apologise for sexist comments he made on Question Time?
24. In the Forbes List who retained her place as the world’s most powerful woman?
25. Panorama criticized which charity for investing in companies that manufacture arms, tobacco and alcohol?
26. The Mayor of New York repealed a ban on which creatures?
27. What was the score in the England v. Peru match?
28. Name all the goalscorers
29. Who announced he will be playing for Lancashire in the T20 blast?
30. Who resigned from The Oldie last week?