In the news
Who or what are the following and why have they been in the news?
1. Iwao Hakamada
2. Tessa Ross
3. Christina Sciuccia
4. Salford City FC
5. Jude Metcalf
6. Jens Stoltenburg
7. Joanne Milne
8. The Winter Soldier
9. Red Issue
10. Consciously Uncoupling
11. Nick Ferrari
12. Boris Berezhovsky
13. Shigeru Ban
14. Patrice Wymore
15. Peter Oakley
16. Massimo Cellini
17. Shereka Fab-Ann Marsh
18. I’m scared of you sometimes
19. Laura Massaro
In Other News
1. President Obama hosted his first official visit from which Head of State last week?
2. Turkey tried to block both Twitter and which other site last week?
3. The Tate Gallery were advised to hand over a painting by which artist which was revealed to have been looted by Nazis during World War II?
4. Netherlands failed to beat South Africa by how many runs in the world T20?
5. Where did French farmers herd sheep in protest over the EU Common Agricultural Policy last week?
6. Who is to face an additional charge of indecent assault?
7. How long did it take for the tickets for the Kate Bush tour to sell out completely?
8. Which US Actor has signed to play Winston Churchill in a new film?
9. Which of Rupert Murdoch’s children has been appointed co chairman of news International and Fox?
10. Which golf club has agreed to take a vote on allowing women?
11. What was the score in the Manchester derby between City and Utd. ?
12. A coalition of writers protested against which prison rules?
13. Government health advisers promoted which practice last week?
14. The DG of the BBC announced a new era in what last week?
15. Which team won the Bundesliga with 7 games to spare?
16. What was the score between Swansea City and Arsenal?
17. There has been much criticism in Formula One over what feature of the cars this week?
18. The 75th anniversary issue of the Dalesman announced what as the greatest ever icon of Yorkshire?
19. A camera that went to the moon was sold for almost half a million pounds last week. Which make of camera was it?
20. A school in which city will be the first to teach English as a foreign language?
21. What was the score in el Classico?
22. A new set of stamps bearing people who all made their mark in Britain was issued last week. What else links all of the people on the stamps?
23. Whose extradition to South Africa to face trial was set for the 7th April?
24. Which famous boxing manager, promoter and matchmaker passed away last week?
25. Which US state was affected by a devastating mudslide last week?