These are a mixture of questions about last week’s news and the week before’s
Who or what are the following and why have they been in the news?
1. David Meyler
2. Ricky Burns
3. Alan Resnais
4. Luke Shaw
5. Mollie Smitten Downes
6. Children of the Universe
7. Lupita Nyong’o
8. Steve Keeley
9. Nicholas Jacobs
10. Misao Okawa
11. Jamie Edwards
12. Katarina Johnson-Thompson
13. Richard Kilty
14. William Clay Ford
17. Cressida Bonas
18. Kelly Gallagher and Charlotte Evans
19. George Saunders
20. Amanda Rodgers
22. Barry Gerraghty
23. Steven Power
24. Uli Hoeness
In Other News
1. Which central American country was shaken by a 6.4 earthquake?
2. Which MP called for an amnesty for soldiers involved in Bloody Sunday
3. Who recorded the song ‘Happy’ which went to the number 1 slot three times?
4. Who controversially said that he would have been captain of England for 10 years if he had been white?
5. Which iconic advertising brand logo has been dropped?
6. What was the final score in the Capital One cup final?
7. Who scored a 147 break when winning the Welsh Open snooker?
8. Which film won the Best Picture Oscar?
9. Which well loved actress was revealed to have a condition similar to Alzheimers?
10. Why was Nick Grimshaw rushed to hospital during a live Radio One broadcast?
11. Who joined ITV’s Daybreak?
12. What gaffe did Pope Francis inadvertently make?
13. Who won the Best Actor Oscar?
14. – and the best supporting actor?
15. And the Best Actress?
16. And the Best director?
17. What was Alan Pardew officially charged with by the FA?
18. Which former welsh international quit Cardiff Blues as Director of rugby?
19. Who announced his retirement from test cricket?
20. What is the name of the Birmingham City largest shareholder found guilty of money laundering in Hong Kong?
21. What was named the world’s most expensive city?
22. A 30,000 year old what was revived a fortnight ago?
23. The Farage v. Clegg cagefight debate was scheduled for which radio station?
24. According to the TES what is ranked as the world’s number one university?
25. Which BBC channel is being removed to the iplayer?
26. Which broadcaster quit the Radio 4 show Front Row for personal reasons?
27. Who was restored as Scotland’s rugby union captain following his controversial omission from the previous matches?
28. What was the score between Wales and Iceland?
29. Who were warned that they might have to relocate to England if Scotland votes for independence?
30. Who said “I’m a normal person, not Superman”?
31. What was the score between Scotland and Poland?
32. In the 6 nations, what was the score between England and Wales?
33. – and Scotland and France?
34. – and Ireland and Italy?
35. What was the outcome of the FA Cup match between Wigan and Man City?
36. Which West African country announced that it is to drop English as an official language?
37. Which former MP was in court accused of sexually assaulting 7 men?
38. Which former Z Cars actor passed away aged 83?
39. How long did it take for 60,000 tickets for Groves v. Froch II to sell out at Wembley?
40. What mishap befell the countdown to the Commonwealth Games clock in Glasgow?
41. What was the result of the North Korean elections?
42. Which England batsman was ruled out of the world T20?
43. What was the result of the Arsenal v. Bayern Munich Champions League 2nd leg match?
44. NHS prescriptions are set to rise in England by how much?
45. Bob Crow passed away. He was the leader of which union?
46. Which long lasting musical is set to close in May?
47. Chris Powell was sacked as manager of which London club?
48. The FA have voted to allow the use of what in FA Cup matches?
49. Which celebrity chef announced he will be leaving the BBC ?
50. The PM of New Zealand announced a referendum to be held on which issue?
51. For how many matches was Alan Pardew banned?
52. Which sportsman is to make a guest appearance in The Archers?
53. Which Banksy image was altered and projected onto Nelson’s Column to mark the third anniversary of the start of the Syrian conflict?
54. What was the score between Man City and Barcelona?
55. Which event of World War II has its 70th anniversary this month?
56. Which designer opened his first London boutique?
57. Which former footballer was arrested and cautioned for common assault?
58. What was the score between Spurs and Benfica?
59. How many changes were made to the Welsh rugby union team following defeat by England?