Sorry - shorter list of questions this week - half term, and I was struggling to get to grips with the news all week.
In the news
Who or what are the following and why have they been in the news?
1. Elizabeth Thompson
2. Costadinos Contostavlos
3. Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale
4. Joanna Dennehy
5. Stuart Hall
7. Manuel Pellegrini
8. John Downey
9. Polly McCourt
10. Keith Wallace and James Glanville
11. Stephen Ward
12. Moazzam Begg
13. “I Can’t Sing”
In Other News
1. Which organization, which Labour Deputy Leader Harriet Harman one worked for, was criticized for its links with ‘paedophile groups’ last week?
2. What was Nicohlas Anelka’s punishment for his ‘quenelle’ gesture?
3. What was the Europa League score between Spurs and Dnipro?
4. – and Swansea and Napoli?
5. What have gondoliers in Venice agreed to take voluntarily?
6. The first café for what opened in London last week?
7. The Royal Mail announced new prices for first and second class stamps. What are they?
8. What were visible much further south in the UK than usual?
9. Britain’s hopes of large scale renegotiation of relationship with EU were dashed by whom?
10. Which 68 year old country and western singer signed up to play Glastonbury this year?
11. Which singer fainted on “Loose Women”?
12. Health secretary Jeremy Hunt announced which troubled NHS Trust was to be dissolved?
13. What was the score between Chelsea and Galatasaray?
14. – and Man Utd. And Olympiakos?
15. Whose trial was it ruled shall be televised?
16. Name the Ghostbusters costar and cowriter who passed away
17. Which super league rugby league team went into administration last week?
18. Jamaican sprinter who had her drug ban overturned on appeal after she proved her sample had been contaminated
19. Which game was ruled in a tribunal last week not to be a sport, despite being recognized as one by the IOC
20. Why was Dave Lee Travis in the news last week?
21. Where did a half tonne meteorite crash last week?
22. Name the England back row forward ruled out of the rest of the 6 Nations with an injury incurred against Ireland?
23. Name the other teams drawn in England’s group in the Euro qualifiers