Who or what are the following, and why are they in the news ?
1) Raymond Jacob
2) Joseph Williams
3) Michael Winner
4) Stephen Meakin
5) Tennare Ramesh
6) Lisa Bradley
7) Rital and Ritag Gaboua
8) Earl Henry
10) Alexander Lebedev
11) Tim Farron
12) Vincent Cooke
13) Natalie Ayres
14) Ryan Donovan
15) Lin Cheung
16) Thomas Waldron
17) Portrait of the Hound
18) Vivek Baliga
19) Michael Sata
20) Luke Matthews, Johnno Jonson, Hannah Palmer, Damian McQueen
21) Eddie Shah
22) Bruce Scott and Lesley Norris
23) Helen Vincent
24) New McCowans
25) Richard Madeley
26) Greenlands Labour Club Preston
27) Valentina Matviyinko
28) Israel Dagg
29) Hicks and Healey
30) Lord West of Spithead
31) Ocean’s Kingdom
32) Death Comes to Pemberley
33) Bill Oddie
34) Timothy Bradley
35) Andy Newman – Kerri Cooper
36) Michael Flaherty
37) Stewart Mungall
38) Victoria Jones
39) Martin Luther
40) Owen Hargreaves
In Other News –
1) Australian style schooner glasses are to be introduce to British pubs. How much beer do they hold ?
2) What did a guest in the Bath Central Travelodge find in her room ?
3) Stuart Manley and Mark Coop are engaged in a fight over which trademark ?
4) A survey shows that women derive most shopping pleasure from buying which item ?
5) How many pupils currently attend the Glyn school in Brynamman, near Neath ?
6) Who will captain England for the T20 series against the West Indies ?
7) What is the venue for the Solheim Cup ?
8) Which is the most popular song on MP3 players in the UK ?
9) Name the US satellite which fell to earth recently ?
10) The boxing federation of which country has been accused of bribing Olympic officials ?
11) How many people on average have been caught by the speed camera on Rhwbina Hill in Cardiff ?
12) Whose war diary is going on sale for the first time ?
13) Which council have banned loud rag and bone men ?
14) What have been banned in Harewood Junior School in Gloucester ?
15) Which company apologized for its links with the 3rd Reich ?
16) A large gas field has been found outside which UK resort ?
17) Whose autobiography appeared last week despite his own attempts to suppress it ?
18) Who are bidding for statehood currently at the UN ?
19) Name the british rider who won a silver medal in the time trial event in the world road cycling championships
20) Which country have Britain drawn for their next match in the Davis Cup ?
21) Which band announced that they are to split after 31 years ?
22) What is the UKs slogan for 2012 ?
23) It was announced finally that compensation will be paid for what ?
24) What will not appear this Christmas ?
25) Scotland Yard dropped its court case against which newspaper ?
26) What does Southwark Council plan to call the Guy Fawkes night celebrations ?
27) The new portrait of the Queen by Darren Blake has been commissioned to commemorate the 90th anniversary of what ?
28) The Bishop of Bradford says the teaching of what in Britain is deplorable ?
29) Max Moseley is currently pursuing a court case against the News of the World in which country
30) Which TV presenter is currently suing over a property venture ?
31) Which London attraction will reopen in Easter 2012 ?
32) Who was accused of landing illegal blows to win his world boxing championship match against Victor Ortez ?
33) Who was the captain of the victorious Britain and Ireland team in the Solheim Cup ?
34) Which county won the CB40 final ?
35) Which two countries will contest the Davis Cup Final
36) Which company have been criticized for their adverts and idents during the new series of Downton Abbey ?
37) Scottish rugby fans have been banned from using what at world cup matches ?
38) Kate Winslet won an Emmy for her role in what ?
39) Australian foreign minister Kevin Rudd found customs officials trying to stop him bringin what into the US ?
40) Lu Lin launched which shape of teabags ?
41) Who called for an end to the teaching of creationism in Science classes ?
42) What was the christian name of Ginger McCain, who died aged 80 ?
43) The new Times Atlas of the World was critics for making which claim ?
44) What type of fruit has overtaken apples as the UKs favourite ?