Who or what are the following, and why are they in the news ?
1) Nathan Hageman
3) Kirani James
4) Murdo Fraser
5) Kevin Blom
6) Sophie Tyler
7) Aaron and Abbie
8) Ned Kelly
9) Katie McNeil
10) Darren Flood
12) Cliff’s Law
13) Mohamed Ibrahim
14) Flavia Panetta
15) Hannah England
16) Ortis Deeley
17) Rebecca Leighton
18) Julie Krone
19) Cecil Coley
20) George Kiejman
21) Abdel Hakim Belhaj
22) Margaret Moran
24) David Bathurst
25) Tiffany Porter
26) Carol Klein
27) Simon Negus
28) Dr. Ruth Coppard
29) Lillian Bettencourt
30) Maria Chappini
31) Candida Albicans
32) Aaron Ramsey
33) Peter Twiss
34) Georgie Thompson
36) Munir Farooki
38) Chris Fox
39) Craig Williams
40) Jenny Bessant
41) Andrew Lindo
42) Lynette Freeth
43) Judit Nagy
45) Colin Adlard
46) Robert Ormesher
47) Patrick Digby
48) Clare and Paul Baker
49) Gina Rinehart
50) Lindsay Doyle
51) Alberto Colto
52) Danny Roberts
53) Robin Haase
In other News
1) Where is the Walker Cup being played ?
2) Which soup has been banned in California ?
3) How long in miles is David Walliams’ attemped swim along the River Thames ?
4) Where did Brazil beat Ghana in a friendly ?
5) Which unfinishable job will finish on October 9th ?
6) Wines from which country have just gone on sale in Waitrose ?
7) A performance by which orchestra caused demos in London ?
8) Which town will be taking over repatriation from Wooton Bassett ?
9) Who won the Mercury Music prize, with which album ?
10) Which tobacco company is trying to use Freedom of Information legislation to gain access to research from Stirling University into teens’ smoking habits ?
11) Which has been voted the ugliest new building in Britain over the last 12 months ?
12) Who was conducting the BBC Radio interview which Oscar Pistorius stormed out of ?
13) Which brand of cider has been recalled because of exploding bottles ?
14) Who was criticized for lowering the tone by using the word “w*nkers” during his speech at the GQ Men of The Year awards ?
15) Who won a record breaking 6th title at Burghley ?
16) Who will face whom in the Clydesdale Bank 40 over competition ?
17) Where was the world’s biggest ever crocodile caught ?
18) Who has made the Booker Prize shortlist for the 4th time ?
19) What are McDonalds now putting onto all of their menus ?
20) What is the title of Alastair Darling’s autobiography ?
21) What have Waterstones ended ?
22) Who called Italy ‘a Sh*t country ‘ ?
23) What is now Britain’s favourite fish ?
24) Which country won the Copa America ?
25) Whose diary will be auctioned at Christie’s ?
26) What distinction is claimed by Burton Road in Eastborne ?
27) Which chocolates did the makers now admit contain fewer sweets per box than previously ?
28) Records were retrieved from which notorious prison in Tripoli ?
29) Who is the manager of the Bulgarian football team, beaten by England in a qualifier ?
30) Which actor ruled himself out of ever standing for US president ?
31) Owen Hargreaves signed a one year deal with which club ?
32) Who scored England’s only goal against Wales ?
33) What species of whale was trapped in Immingham Docks near Grimsby ?
34) Who wrote and directed the much derided film W.E. about Wallis Simpson and Edward VIII ?
35) Which country launched its first ever luxury cruise ?
36) Why did the Royal Mail reuse to deliver CDs of a reading of the Gospel of St. Mark to churches in Jersey ?
37) Why was Timothy Spall reused entry to a Thames River festival with his barge ?
38) Who is the coach of Japan in the Rugby World Cup ?
39) Which is the first county to ban second home owners from voting in local elections ?
40) Who was it revealed stood as godfather to one of Rupert Murdoch’s daughters ?
41) What are the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham giving to patients to distract them ?
42) Which club has signed Joe Cole ?
43) Prom goers have been annoyed by the removal of what from the Albert Hall ?
44) In which event did Oscar Pistorius win a world athletics championship medal ?
45) Who warned that nurses with poor English put patients at risk ?
46) Jailed rioters have swelled the prison population in Britain to a new high – at what figure ?
47) Old Boys have protested about the scrapping of what at Abingdon school ?
48) David Cameron wants which establishment to fund a free school ?
49) Whose work will be exhibited in the Bigger Picture exhibition ?
50) A set of royal mail stamps is to celebrate 100 years of what ?