Last year I made 8 quiz resolutions and posted them on New Year’s Eve. Earlier this month I revealed that I have managed to , just about , keep five of them. So this encourages me to give it another go. So without further ado, here are my quiz resolutions for 2010 . Lets start with a couple of carry-overs which I didn’t manage to keep in 2009 : -
· I resolve to stop moaning about handicaps in Newport. If they get on my nerves I shall bear it with a cheery grin, and if it gets up my nose that much I shall just not go.
· I resolve to stop saying that any team who beat us in a straight pub quiz must have cheated, even when they have actually been using their phones in front of us.
OK, that’s the rollovers. Now a few new ones -
· I resolve to apply to other quiz shows in the coming year. A similar resolution made for 2009 has brought me a lot of fun in the past 12 months.
· I resolve to try to become a better quizzer, and to work a bit more on my weak areas, rather than just always trusting to luck.
· I resolve to try to be a little more positive when I’m quizzing, and look for the positives in a quiz BEFORE I start going on about the negatives.
· I resolve to try to get involved in a quiz league – it’s a good few years since I played regularly in one, and I loved it when I did.
· I resolve above all else to enjoy my quizzing throughout the next year.
So that’s my resolutions for 2010. Happy New Year, and I hope that the last resolution comes true for you too.