Thursday 18 February 2010

A Little More on OC

I received two lovely emails from Chris Miller this week. Chris you'll recall was a member of the Insurers team on Monday night. There were two points chris made which I'd like to share with you.

Firstly, I have to apologise to Stephen Gore of the Insurers for not recognising that he is in fact the same Stephen Gore who won Brain of Britain in 1986. Chris wasn't telling me off for this. In my reply to his first letter I had explained that for me the best moment of the show was when Stephen saw the Spencer connection. Chris was merely pointing out that Stephen does have previous, as it were.

The second point that Chris made was that he was talking to a member of the production team after the show, who explained that OC gets a huge audience in BBC Four terms. When Chris asked if he hoped that the show would eventually move to BBC2, he explained that in his view this might be a mixed blessing, since if the show moved then they might be asked to make changes in format , have a studio audience, etc. etc. In his view, if it means the show stays undiluted, then its better to stay on BBC Four. What a refreshing attitude.

No comments: