OK, here's the answer to weekend mini quiz number two : -
Round One- Water Water Everywhere
1) Name the famous lighthouse built off the coast of Tiree by Robert Louis Stevenson's uncle Alan Stevenson
2) In which British dockyard did Peter the great once work as a ship's carpenter ?
3) In which novel by Charles Dickens is a heroine the daughter of a man who drags dead bodies out of the River Thames for a living ?
Our Mututal Friend
4) Name the last British swimmer before Rebecca Adlington to win two gold medals in the same Olympics
Henry Taylor - who won 3 in 1908
5) Who played the scheming civil servant in the film "Water" ?
Round Two - General Knowledge
1) Who is the only person other than the 6 Pythons to receive a writing credit on an episode of "Monty Python's Flying Circus " ?
Douglas Adams - 4th series
2) Name the writer behind "The Henry Root Letters "
3) If its spelled with - er - then its too high , but if its spelled with an - o - then its too low. Which medical conditions am I referring to ? ( There's a couple of different acceptable answers to this one ) Hyper - hypo - eg High blood pressure - Hypertension - Low Blood Pressure - Hypotension
4) In which English town or city would you find the national Bagpipe museum ?
5) If William Stayley was the last, and William Wallace the first, what am I referring to ?
People whose heads were displayed on London Bridge
Now, here's the Weekend Mini Quiz Three
Round One - Happy Valentines
1) Anthony Valentine played "Raffles" in the ITV Tv series, but who played his sidekick Bunny, and what was Bunny's surname ?
2) Which Roman Emperor condemned St. Valentine to death ?
3) For what reason was St. Valentine executed ?
4) Valentine was one of two what in Shakespeare ?
5)Which Valentine played the Black Guardian in the Key to Time season of Dr. Who ?
1) Whose father was called Poopdeck ?
2) Which british butterfly has the scientific name inachis io ?
3) Which element makes up between 15 and 20% of the alloy pewter ( and for a bonus, which element USED to make up 15 - 20 % of pewter ?
4) Fifty years ago, when the austin mini first went on the market, how much change would you have got out of £500 if you bought one ?
5) Norse Mythology - what killed the God Baldur ?
Answers to be posted next weekend - drop me a line if you can't wait.